GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This on PH: click.

pistonheads.com said:
Reports on the wires this morning suggest Subaru is working on a turbocharged BRZ with as much as 280hp going through its (hopefully gold) wheels.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Ok, so it is the same bit of old brz sti news recycled again by some no name car website and put on Pistonheads, but it is a great topic.

I don't know how to call this one and I'd love to see a really hardcore brz, kind of in the mould of jdm spec c sti's, perhaps with a hint of gt3.

Just not sure they will do it.

Don't think I'd go for a warm version and I'd continue to focus on building a bespoke car with Iain Litchfield, who arguably produced the best Imprezas anyway, in the Type 25 etc.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'd prefer cams, all lightened and balanced, 8,500rpm. Howling like a banshee...

Can't argue that'd be better than forced induction, turbos are pretty good these days, but there's something about wild revs.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I agree and I think we are far more likely to see an NA car in a higher state of tune than an a forced induction car.

How far they will go will be down to the business case I guess.

I'm guessing 240bhp would be achievable once air intake is sorted ( in addition to exhaust and Ecu, ) and without any need for costly internal engineering changes.

I am sure Subaru will want to keep the brz higher performance variant/'sti' distinct from whatever turbo monster will appear in the guise of the new wrx. Keeping the BRZ normally aspirated would deliver that.

Edited by: ICantAffordAnLFA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.