GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
When I get a chance I'll post the article in full - I have it in apple's newsstand so I can take screen shots when I have time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ha! I was just coming online to post this!!! My favourite quote:

"The victory is taken, however, not by the lightest of cars here, nor the most powerful, nor the fastest, but by a Toyota that impressed solely with the joy of driving it. That's as it should be. Life does not reward only the quickest or the biggest. If it did, Cheetahs and Whales would rule the earth. Instead, life rewards the most intelligent and adaptable of species, those can adapt to their surroundings. The GT86 is a car of that mindset.

Instead of being too fast for the roads on which it finds itself, it's lowered limits mean that they can be approached at sensible speeds. Instead of tearing through consumables, it is the only car here for whose tyres we didn't fear, even though it spent the most time sideways. The GT86 has altered the sports car genre. It is the performance car made relevant again; it is the new supercar. And, as such, it is arguably the worthiest winner Britains Best Drivers Car has had."

Wow!! Couldn't have said it better myself!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Gonna go out and buy this.

My only issue is it's too flash in white, would've preferred an e30 m3 kind of style but I guess that wouldn't sell well and wouldnt have the beautiful low bonnet view.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Nice!! Is it on sale now? Cant wait for Top Gear's car of the year assessment. I'm guessing it might be in the mix. Slightly.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
TBucket said:
Nice!! Is it on sale now? Cant wait for Top Gear's car of the year assessment. I'm guessing it might be in the mix. Slightly.
Ignore me. Just come off a 12 hour flight. Of course it's on sale. Didnt spot any GT86's in Mauritius, but when you are looking up most the time you only see the sun. And we know from history that the japs come out of the sun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.