GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I fear a trip to Toyota may be in order but thought I'd enquire here 1st. My keyless system has gone a bit wonky and I'm not sure why. It worked correctly all day yesterday and this morning, but as of this afternoon:

<ul>[*]Pull the drivers door - only that unlocks.[*]Pull passenger door - both unlock.[*]Locks from both sides.[*]Fob works correctly, 1 push unlocksdrivers, 2 pushes unlock both[/list]

Seems like the keyless system has gone LHD, although the FOB still unlocks RHD!? Once the drivers door is opened, the only way to open the passenger side is to push the fob or the interior button or give the key to the passenger.Any advice or help or am I going to have to ask Toyota to have a look. Not even 100% why it happened! Nothing in the manual is any help either..... I'm lost


Edited by: Kodename47
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Kodename47 said:
Guys,
I fear a trip to Toyota may be in order but thought I'd enquire here 1st. My keyless system has gone a bit wonky and I'm not sure why. It worked correctly all day yesterday and this morning, but as of this afternoon:

<ul>[*]Pull the drivers door - only that unlocks.[*]Pull passenger door - both unlock.[*]Locks from both sides.[*]Fob works correctly, 1 push unlocksdrivers, 2 pushes unlock both[/list]

Seems like the keyless system has gone LHD, although the FOB still unlocks RHD!? Once the drivers door is opened, the only way to open the passenger side is to push the fob or the interior button or give the key to the passenger.Any advice or help or am I going to have to ask Toyota to have a look. Not even 100% why it happened! Nothing in the manual is any help either..... I'm lost

That's exactly how mine works...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
Mine does the following, when I open the drivers door by just pulling on the handle it doesn't unlock the passenger side.

I have to press the unlock button to let my son in

Haven't tried opening passenger door via handle to see if that does drivers.

Alec
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Says that in the manual butI assumed that meant if you just pull on the drivers door it unlocks just that but if you pull on the passenger handle too it'll do that side. So you have to give the passemger the key to allow both to be unlocked? Seems a little crazy
I'm sure pulling on the drivers side unlocked everything yesterday!?
Mine definitely does both when you open the passenger door tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,526 Posts
You can open boot by just opening it from outside as long as you have key fob on you ...touch once then touch boot lock again and it opens....as if by magic
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After some searching.
If you want the drivers door handle to unlock both doors:
Use the drivers door handle to open the door
Leave the door open and hold the lock andunlock buttons on the fob for 5 seconds
You'll hear a couple of beeps
Voila - your drives handle now opens both doors.
This can be repeated to reverse if wanted!

Edited by: Kodename47
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
Kodename47 said:
After some searching.
If you want the drivers door handle to unlock both doors:
Use the drivers door handle to open the door
Leave the door open and hold the lock andunlock buttons on the fob for 5 seconds
You'll hear a couple of beeps
Voila - your drives handle now opens both doors.
This can be repeated to reverse if wanted!
Nice one Cyril!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Celica66 said:
You can open boot by just opening it from outside as long as you have key fob on you ...touch once then touch boot lock again and it opens....as if by magic

How about locking the boot after you have been in it, I am finding that it doesnt lock straight away then if I walk away and return without they key fob on me its locked very confusing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
it was after putting some shopping in the boot today and I checked to see if it was locked before walking away from it and every time i tried the boot it just kept opening again. so i went back in the house and left the key there and went out again to try the boot and it had locked then very odd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
DoogleDog said:
it was after putting some shopping in the boot today and I checked to see if it was locked before walking away from it and every time i tried the boot it just kept opening again. so i went back in the house and left the key there and went out again to try the boot and it had locked then very odd
Isn't that how it's supposed towork?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
it may well be but i was concerned at leaving it unlocked thinking it wasnt locking but if that sounds like how it should be working that puts my mind at ease, sorry maybe I am just having a blonde moment then
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
The car should recognise that you have the key on you so if it's in your pocket it will open but if you don't have it with you it wont open.

I'm really pleased that you can change the settings to open both doors from the drivers handle. That had bugged me a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
The question is, how did it revert to driver side only as you were so sure that it was working for both doors from the driver side before hand? Could you have sat on the fob causing the 2 buttons to be pressed?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She had her own keys in her which she didn't yesterday, realised last night and that would have masked it..... Oops.

As for the boot, it will lock straight away but if you have the key on you it will allow you to open it again. You only need to take a couple of steps to be out of range and then try and get someone to open it. Trust me, it won't open..... I may have already tried it
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top