GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after spending a long time looking I’ve finally found and bought a 15 plate GT (manual, white) which I pick up next week. I couldn’t believe how hard it was to find one until I drove it. Everything I’d read in the reviews was true, the raw immediacy of the steering inputs, the reassuring road noise, proper body hugging seats and high revving engine which I thought sounded good contrary to some reports, I can’t believe anyone sells these after owning them, I must’ve driven hundreds of cars due to my work and this is one of the best.
anyway, I’m looking forward to the ownership and taking part in the loyal following this weapon of a car has.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Boosh. Happily for the likes of us, people do sell them after owning them, in many cases fairly reluctantly though I expect. Certainly the last owner of my car didn't want to sell and only did because he was leaving the UK.

Meanwhile in the classifieds on here, someone is apparently selling because he now needs space for a dog.

Speaking as a very happy Cat owner, wasn't hard for me to see where IMO he's going wrong :D

Reactions: DJM86

·
Registered
955 Posts
The next week is already in. So time to get your car , enjoy some drives and post more pictures. Happy motoring!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Welcome Boosh!! Enjoy your car!!

Reactions: Boosh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Collected now and loved driving back, awesome car 😊 no photos yet due to the dealers valet job seems to have been no more than a cursory wipe over with a dirty rag! They did put some new Pirelli’s on it though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like a decent dealer. Too many car dealers seem to want to fit the cheapest car tyres they think they can get away with, which aren't normally Pirellis.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Never had a dog, but presumably they come in different sizes 🙂

It's Wiggs94 you really need to tell........

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looking good !

Happy enough with my Grey 'un...You have a stripe though.....now That I might be slightly jealous of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ve had the 86 for a week now and love every second driving it and looking at it. Is this behaviour is normal or is peeking at it during the evening a bit over the top?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I look out at mine a lot too 😁

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Yup! Quite normal !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts