GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Imagine my surprise to find an online social group that has existed from way before the cars were available. I only found out what a GT86is about 6 weeks ago, due to a long running boredom with road cars, and a sad lack of interest in the latest offerings. Anything that even vaguely interested me was either too expensive to buy, or too expensive to run. I loved the look of the Cayman, but couldn't face the running costs. And even worse, what if someone I knew saw me in it?

So along comes this little Toyota. Do I want a test drive? No point really, the salesmen always seem to go a bit pale when I'm exploring what a car is like to drive, and then I don't find out. I've read enough, and watched enough tests to know it's my sort of thing.

Will probably leave my one standard, and just use it. White, Manual, Black Leather, Nav, reversing beeper... Remarkably will actually be at the dealer tail end of next week, but I can't get there to pick it up until October 6th. Can't actually remember being this excited about buying a car before. Probably my first Astra GTE back in the late 80s.

Pleased to meet you all, I have enjoyed a look round the forum. Hopefully spend a bit more time here over the rest of the year.

Liam

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Welcome and congrats....great choice of spec and hope you enjoy the car, I didn't get to test drive my previous car but I ordered anyways, risky move but it paid of...I hope the GT-86 doesn't disappoint you!

Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome to the Forum LiamH66, amazed at how short the delivery times are getting... my 2 month wait seems like an eternity compared to the recent ones quoted on here, yet several people waited longer than that.

Hope the GT86 lives up to your expectations (Be very suprised if it didn't)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Angel C said:
Welcome to the Forum LiamH66, amazed at how short the delivery times are getting... my 2 month wait seems like an eternity compared to the recent ones quoted on here, yet several people waited longer than that.

I think the dealers are probably getting quotas, and I just happened to get lucky with a) the dealer that I bought from, and b) the spec I chose for the car. When I changed from red to black alcantara the delivery date moved substantially closer.

Hope the GT86 lives up to your expectations (Be very suprised if it didn't)

Used to race motorbikes, and nowadays I'm a keen kart racer. I'veonlyhad rear drive cars since 1995, because in my viewfront drive isbasically dangerous with me at the wheel, especially in slippery conditions. The more I found out about the GT86 the more I realised someone had the good sense to design a car specifically for me!

Liam

·
Registered
59 Posts
Liam,Your story is so similar to mine. I was toying with the idea of a Cayman for almost a year - but also put off by high running costs, then I saw the gt86 in a car park 2 weeks ago, having never heard of it. I googled it when I got home and booked a test drive for the next morning. Suffice to say I had filled in the order form and paid the deposit by 10am... Did not get the exact spec I wanted, this would have meant a wait until Feb 13, so I opted for the silver and not the darkgrey. Imjealousyou are getting your sop quickly, long, long waiting lists here in France.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Used to race motorbikes, and nowadays I'm a keen kart racer. I'veonlyhad rear drive cars since 1995, because in my viewfront drive isbasically dangerous with me at the wheel, especially in slippery conditions. The more I found out about the GT86 the more I realised someone had the good sense to design a car specifically for me!

Liam where and what do you race??

<<<<<

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
LiamH66 said:
Hi All,

Imagine my surprise to find an online social group that has existed from way before the cars were available.  I only found out what a GT86 is about 6 weeks ago, due to a long running boredom with road cars, and a sad lack of interest in the latest offerings.  Anything that even vaguely interested me was either too expensive to buy, or too expensive to run.  I loved the look of the Cayman, but couldn't face the running costs.  And even worse, what if someone I knew saw me in it?

So along comes this little Toyota.  Do I want a test drive?  No point really, the salesmen always seem to go a bit pale when I'm exploring what a car is like to drive, and then I don't find out.  I've read enough, and watched enough tests to know it's my sort of thing.

Will probably leave my one standard, and just use it.  White, Manual, Black Leather, Nav, reversing beeper...  Remarkably will actually be at the dealer tail end of next week, but I can't get there to pick it up until October 6th.  Can't actually remember being this excited about buying a car before.  Probably my first Astra GTE back in the late 80s.

Pleased to meet you all, I have enjoyed a look round the forum.  Hopefully spend a bit more time here over the rest of the year. 

Welcome fella

Liam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.