GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in France and have my Gt86 on order. Have to wait another 6 weeks, 4 month waiting list in Europe for the spec I wanted butmanagedto find one in thepipeline.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome to the club.

Interesting. You say you live in France, but your location is the UK!?!!

What spec have you ordered? I presume you are getting yours in France? Are there any differences between the French version and the UK version (apart from the location of the steering wheel)?

Cheers et santé

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I may have cocked-up the online registration, I'm in Nice on Cote d'Azur. I think the spec is pretty much the same although I haven't really checked. Only thing Idon't like is the lack of any spare wheel - get a pump and can of goo to make a temporary repair! Is that the same in UK? I see you are in Chelmsford - Im originally from Braintree, many moons ago.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I checked your link. Nice photos too. You can edit your registration details if you want to.

Have you been to the La Rochelle/Rochefort area? If not, I recommend it, especially the islands around there (Ile de Ré, Ile d'Oleron and Ile d'Aix). It's all very photogenic.

Yes, the UK spec is for a can of goo and a blow machine.

Looking at the French Toyota web site, I see the price (for a standard manual with solid paint (red)) is €29,900 which is £24,175 at today's rate. The spec looks almost identical but the leather seats with the red inserts, and the red leather cabin inserts are not available. I did also notice that the French version comes standard with rain detection for the wipers.
The site also mentions heated seats but does not specifythat they are only for the lether ones. I had a look at the 360 degree interior image and it does show the cloth seats with the heated seat switches present.

I'll have to look into that and see if they can be added to the UK spec cloth seats. Not that I want heated seats though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Yes, I was just comparing specs and there aresomedifferences. The French websitedoesn'tinclude bloody taxes. The cost of mine wasEuro36,800 with all extras which is about GBP30k I think. I have heated seats in my current car (leather) which i found useful, even in the south of France.I have not yet been to theLa Rochelle/Rochefort area, France is just huge. However, the GT86 canadequatelysupport myphotographyhobby, Ill add it to the list of places to visit, post delivery!
Edited by: WDGH

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hah! Also noiced the French have taste. They don't offer the go-faster stripes.

The UK price does not include road tax, licence plate registration, GAP insurance etc. etc.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Musketeer said:

The UK price does not include road tax, licence plate registration, GAP insurance etc. etc.
My price included a years road tax and the only "licence plate registration" I had to pay was the transfer fee (£80?) for transferring on my private plate.

The Toyota GB price is pretty inclusive, you really can drive one away for £24,995. I paid extra for Metallic Silver, GAP insurance, SuperGuard and parking sensors, everything else was included.

Alec

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Musketeer said:

You are wrong as uk price does include tax and plates and registration all included in base car price

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
WDGH said:
Im originally from Braintree, many moons ago.

Small world, that's my current home town.

Welcome and hope you enjoy the car as much as the rest of us when it turns up.

Be interested to know more about the rain detection windscreen wipers, as my last car had these and I found them more useful than the auto-lights (which we get in the UK, although is not mentioned much in the marketing literature).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have automatic rain detectors on my current car and they work well, on the rare occasion it rains here. Ill let you know how good they are when I get my car in about 6 weeks... God willing. Braintree was a long time ago - we had a farm off of Skitts Hill, now a housing estate.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
have them on my current car too. only trouble with them is they cant distinguish between rain and extreme sunlight. so when you start your car with the sun on your windshield, the car goes "AAAAH RAIN !!! WIIIIIPE". so don't necessarily need them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.