GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd open this up to hear your thoughts...

I've been approached by a lot (5 this week!) by traders looking to join the forum. All are developing or have developed parts for the '86.

What I thought I would do is create a traders forum:http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/authorised-traders_forums_cat3.htmland then have each trader a section in there. I would then only allow traders to post within the traders forum so as not to fill up the rest of the sections with ad's.. I'm not charging but am trying to get them to do deals for us.

What are your thoughts? I don't want to turn it into a mass of advertising but it could be v.useful to us.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hi Dan
It's a good idea to keep the traders separate otherwise the forum could start to lookmessy.

Also, we need to be aware that by advertising their wares on this forumtraders will be getting great coverage to GT86 owners. I think it's imperative that "genuine"discounts are offered to GT86OC members otherwise "they're getting something for nothing."

Seems the forum is taking off eh Dan?

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think its a good idea so long as the traders section is seperate. On CCUK anyone wishing to trade has to pay a fee (very small tbh) and yes they should offer discounts to members :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
same on GTROC, Driftworks and Bimmerforums but i dont think a fee would work this early with only 80 members

·
Registered
619 Posts
Dan just sent you a PM regarding this and getting Newera signed up.

G

·
R32 GTR said:
same on GTROC, Driftworks and Bimmerforums but i dont think a fee would work this early with only 80 members
Early days, my friend; PistonHeads was small once.

I like the idea of a separate section to browse essentials and non-essentials - good for the traders and good for us. I've already spotted a few things I now want that I can't afford or justify - bring it on.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yep hence why i said this early. When it grows and we have a substansial subscriber bases and stats on users then its an easy sell.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I agree that traders are welcome as long as members can get a discount and also keep the Trade section seperate

·
Registered
619 Posts
Dan did you get my PM about Newera?

·
Registered
278 Posts
maybe think about putting traders comments into such a section. As an owner's forum, there are a few traders posting in sections. Obviously the more they post, the more free advertising they get. You know the usual "just checked the system and we have two cars in stock shortly".

This is just as much advertising as direct product discussion and it does dilute an owner's forum.
Edited by: Speedymurr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts