GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just had a call from my dealer to say that my car is ready to be picked up, but there is a slight problem with the cars air conditiong unit. It appears that the GT86 has a unit which is using the latest Eco gas in the air con unit. In the case of my car they have fogotton to put some in. The dealer workshop were going to fill it but found that their gas was not compatible with the new system. Toyota HQ are on the case.

I am due to pick it up tomorrow. We will see if they get the gas there in time. I ordered the car in April and it was delivered last week. It passed the delivery PPI checks !. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Which dealer ? Got mine from RRG in Macc

Alec

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The latest update:

Picked the car up at dealers and met with the dealers mechanic who has been talking with Toyota GB. They have located new gas and a machine to load it. They have despatched an engineer to my home to pick up the car and take it to my local dealer. The plan is to load the car tomorrow morning and have it back to me within a coulple of hours. I had a chat with the customer care manager at Toyota who has agreed to give me free servicing for the first year as copmpensation for the faulty car. I have also received a botlle of Champers from the dealer Thurlow Nunn of St ives near Cambridge. What a good result !!! more info tomorrow

·
Registered
278 Posts
Big D said:
The latest update:

Picked the car up at dealers and met with the dealers mechanic who has been talking with Toyota GB. They have located new gas and a machine to load it. They have despatched an engineer to my home to pick up the car and take it to my local dealer. The plan is to load the car tomorrow morning and have it back to me within a coulple of hours. I had a chat with the customer care manager at Toyota who has agreed to give me free servicing for the first year as copmpensation for the faulty car. I have also received a botlle of Champers from the dealer Thurlow Nunn of St ives near Cambridge. What a good result !!! more info tomorrow
</font>

Now that's the kind of customer service that you like to hear about after a big setback/issue.
Well done that dealer for sorting it out the way you did.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All's Well that Ends Well
Engineer has returned my car and all seems fine. I would like to say that Toyota and Thurloww Nunn St Ives have done a lot to promote Customer care with this situation. I also got the use of a second GT86 whilst mine was away being gassed. The loan car had done 2,000 miles and was well run in. It performed like a F1 Car. Excellant .
I suggest that anyone looking to buy a GT86 should try Thurlow Nunn and ask for Paul Meakin. Tell him David (N50 DTW) sent you !
</font>< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.