GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay it's time to celebrate eight-six day and what better way to do it than a meet at the Ace Cafe this Saturday.

We held this event last year as a 'Retro Toyota' meet, though clearly it was aimed at getting as many AE86's in one place as possible. I think we achieved 18 which is quite something given the rarity of the cars and their propensity to break!

Here is the vid from last year:

http://vimeo.com/22830613

Obvioulsy a GT86 isn't a retro Toyota, but I reckon if anyone could get down there, then I think there would naturally be a lot of interest. I did ask my friend Chay (organiser) about GT86's. He hasn't got back to me, but if anyone is interested and can make it there on Saturday.

Here is the link on FB with all the details:

http://www.facebook.com/events/405037016176009/

If people can make it either let me know, or ask on FB about taking your shiny new pride and joy!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Better not turn up in the beeaaahzeee

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speedymurr said:
you didn't give directions to what town this cafe is in?

It's in the link. Sorry, I thought most people knew of the Ace, it's quite well known.

Ace Cafe London, Ace Corner, North Circular Road, London

Here you go:

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/default.aspx

It's famous as a 50's style diner that originally held bike meets, but has held car meets pretty much every weekend for years.

Last year, my car in the foreground:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I went to the Retro meet it was great loved the Turbo'd Green 86.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R32 GTR said:
I went to the Retro meet it was great loved the Turbo'd Green 86.

That was Lucky's who's car was running quite big power. It was rebuilt at that point but smoking already!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, no GT86's came, but I understand that they are thin on the ground at the moment! Maybe we could get a few there for next year?

I'm glad I made the effort to go to the 86 day celebrations at the Ace Cafe yesterday, it was a cracking turn out. Gutted I didn't get my car there. Miguel's old car was there with it's new owner. What a car it is!

More cars on ITB's:

This car was white last year and was bought by a woman who quite liked Cadbury's purple! Looks good I think!

Chay's Garage Shapple N2 car is now all one colour, well mostly. He sprayed it at home. I asked him if was going to flat it down. He commented 'yeah I was thinking about it but, then I just couldn't be arsed, it's for driving isn't it?' LOL!

Tony's homebrew turbo 4AGE:

Now this car, I actually drove back at a Driftworks day at Silverstone in 2005. It's changed a fair bit since then and is finally back on the road! Now fully seam welded and with an F20C mapped and throttle bodies! It sounded amazing!

Look at the size of those primaries!

Plenty of MR2's were there in attendance too!

Indy Paws!

Overall it was hot, but a fab day and so good to catch up with old friends and new! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts