GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find the right section to put this post so I thought I will just ask away for my noobie question. Since I am picking up the car next week from dealer, is there anything that I need to look out for? I can see that a lot of people of clips missing from the rear bumper? Any other location or any pattern of things that need to be put right? Any advice would be appreciate :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I went tolook atmy auto 2 days before picking it up and found out it was a manual. True story. So check you have the right transmission.
Other than that just check for general things like panel fit and body imperfections, usual stuff you'd do. Enjoy the moment. Take someone with you who wont get caught up in the excitment who will be able to spot things easier.

Don't worry about the rear wheel arch holes, it's how they come. Toyota GB are "apparently" looking into it.

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
en8wall said:
I went tolook atmy auto 2 days before picking it up and found out it was a manual. True story. So check you have the right transmission.
Other than that just check for general things like panel fit and body imperfections, usual stuff you'd do. Enjoy the moment. Take someone with you who wont get caught up in the excitment who will be able to spot things easier.

Don't worry about the rear wheel arch holes, it's how they come. Toyota GB are "apparently" looking into it.

In that case I better check to make sure they are going to give me a 86 not a Yaris when I turn up to collect lol

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
a few of us have had issues with dealers so best thing is to take 10 minutes out and walk around the car

i noticed
non gb plates
Dust under rear window tint
Glue lines on body work due to decal pack being on car then removed and me not told...

it's your new car so be picky....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Celica66 said:
a few of us have had issues with dealers so best thing is to take 10 minutes out and walk around the car

i noticed
non gb plates
Glue lines on body work due to decal pack being on car then removed and me not told...

Celica

I didn't realise you had all these probs. The sticker glue is unbelieveable!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
MIne came with plain plates. Wasnt even offered. But I'm not expecting to go euroside in it. Take trains and planes for that malarky

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
en8wall said:
Celica66 said:

i noticed 
non gb plates

Celica

I didn't realise you had all these probs.  The sticker glue is unbelieveable!
Had 3coats of super guard and still got shipping data on wind screen after 3 visit's to dealer to remove and gave up today and got money back for super guard and said I will do it myself

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Celica66 said:
en8wall said:
Celica66 said:

i noticed
non gb plates

Celica

I didn't realise you had all these probs. The sticker glue is unbelieveable!
Had 3coats of super guard and still got shipping data on wind screen after 3 visit's to dealer to remove and gave up today and got money back for super guard and said I will do it myself
Shipping data on windscreen??

When my windscreen steams up/gets wetI can see faint outlines of writing at bottom right corner on it which will no doubt come off in time or when I give it a proper clean. White spirit should do it. Is that what you're talking about?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I can clean it BUT dealer should have done this before I took delivery of car and also when they washed and applied super guard....that's another thread so all I am saying is check and check again....be HAPPY before you leave dealer....then just enjoy the wonderful car

·
Registered
124 Posts
On my 370Z I had, you could always see the 4 suction marks on the windscreen where it was held during install. Never could get rid of them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.