GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Am very excited now, I had my Celica's MOT booked in today and while it was being done I was allowed to have the GT 86 demo for a few hours! I now CANNOT wait til end of September!

The drive is sooo nice compared to my Celica, the road noise is much less as well. And the noise from the engine is just gorgeous! I drove on a variety of roads, in steady traffic the mpg was around 39-41 mpg, but when I took it back to the garage it was reading just under 37! that was after a blast down some twisty quiet roads. Very impressed with the economy side. The only thing I would rate the Celica higher on is practicality. Would quite like to see split rear seats when they update in a few years.
Very happy today. haha
Damian

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Was it the 200bhp model or a 175'er?

Glad you liked it; a great car

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Celica was the 140 model, can't believe how heavy the clutch felt on it when I got back in after driving the GT86 all morning!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Damian1985 said:
Would quite like to see split rear seats when they update in a few years.
The GT86 does have split rear seats, I was shown this on the test drive I had.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
^^ really? When they say split rear seats, they mean for example a 40:60 split where the rear seats are split into 2, one side is 40 (1 seat) that you can fold down on it's own and then you have the 60 (central and other seat) that again you can foldindependently. I've only ever seen the GT-86 with the back seats all coming down as one piece.

·
Registered
469 Posts
If memory serves me correctly (and I admit I was distracted by the wonderful car and test drive I'd just been on), I'm sure the seats came down one at a time but I can't confirm if they were a 60:40 split... though can't see them being anything other than that realistically. Hopefully one of the lucky gits who has their car
can confirm the way the rear seats operate.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up guys, at least the seats do fold down and I wasn't imagining that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts