GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two things I have noticed that are different to the test drive cars and wonder if anyne can advise please.

The windows are supposed to open slightly when you open the door, it does on my passenger side but not on the drivers side.
On the test drive car they all did, any thoughts?

Also when you move off aren't the doors supposed to lock?
Again mine doesn't.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Both my windows drop down when you open the door.

Locks do not actuate when you move off. Whether that's a dealer-configurable option I do not know.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Agree with the others. Think your windows is broken! Its never locked when moving off (though I miss it a bit as my old Merc used to).

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Yep Drivers window should roll down a bit whenever you open drivers door, as far as the doors locking themselves when you drive off I'm glad they don't, silly paranoid American idea.

Alec

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Folks,
I'll speak to the dealer to see what the problem is on the window. Hopefully a simple setting, at worse a loose cable, actuator switch or some such I guess.
As for the doors I think gt was right earlier, might be a dealer setting as the VW Polo my wife test drove the other week had that as well and it's not standard on that as far as I am aware.

G

·
The radio display is different on the demonstrators too.I'm guessing the first batch in someone at POE decided to play with a few settings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi. Your window must be broken as it should drop when door opened.
My doors lock when I start the engine as long as they are shut when you start. I didn't request it so guess dealer must have programmed it?
Jim

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
there is a security system settings insert in my manual; think it covers the door locking

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
i think you mean your window isn't going up when you close the door, because if it were the window not going down you would either not be able to open the door, or you'd break the window pulling out the door. if you could just open the door without the window going down a bit, there wouldn't be any point in having it go down at all.

still, something to have had a look i believe

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
This may seem like a silly suggestion but have you tried turning the car on and pulling up on the window switch? Mine was doing this on the Passenger side but that was because I hadn't brought it all the way up (only down by a fraction). As for the window braking if you open the door and it doesn't go down, it won't. There's something in the manual about disabling this or something so I believe it won't actually damage your window, it will just pull on your rubber seals a bit.

As for the change in head unit from the dealers, it might have been a unit without NAV as the software on those with NAV and those without are different.

No idea about doors locking while driving off though.

Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys, The doors locking when you move off is an option so you can have it turned on or off whichever you prefer but this as far as I'm aware has to be done by your Dealer as it requires a little box of electronics to be plugged in to your car.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Keethos said:
This may seem like a silly suggestion but have you tried turning the car on and pulling up on the window switch? Mine was doing this on the Passenger side but that was because I hadn't brought it all the way up (only down by a fraction). As for the window braking if you open the door and it doesn't go down, it won't. There's something in the manual about disabling this or something so I believe it won't actually damage your window, it will just pull on your rubber seals a bit.

As for the change in head unit from the dealers, it might have been a unit without NAV as the software on those with NAV and those without are different.

No idea about doors locking while driving off though.

Actually, ignore my bit about disabling the window, I got confused with the jam protection function. But there is a section that talks about if your window doesn't close properly, close all doors, switch the ENGINE START STOP to IGNITION ON mode, then hold the power window in the one touch closing position two consecutive times, then hold the switch in the one touch closing position again and continue to hold it for 1 second or more after the window closes completely.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The locking doors seem to be triggered by the clutch. My cars locks as soon as you start the engine. When you stop and switch off the engine with the clutch in the doors will stay locked until you release the clutch pedal and then will automatically unlock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.