GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
That is awesome Steve, which lucky so and so is this for?

Oh and any chance you could take a couple more pics of the rear parking sensors at all? Thanks

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Wow that was quick, thanks Steve!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
wish mine was here...still not to long to go now...hope they enjoy the car Steve

·
Registered
278 Posts
No visual warning because Toyota in their wisdom have not included a rear parking camera, even though almost every other model in their entire range has reversing cameras fitted, interfacing with the standard spec Toyota Touch system fitted in every Toyota model on the road....

Take breath in. And out.... In.. And out...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Ae we all getting a bit old or something???

when you passed your driving test did you have a reversing camera or sensors... i know i didn't

·
Registered
686 Posts
Speedymurr said:
No visual warning because Toyota in their wisdom have not included a rear parking camera, even though almost every other model in their entire range has reversing cameras fitted, interfacing with the standard spec Toyota Touch system fitted in every Toyota model on the road.... 

Take breath in.  And out....   In..  And out... 

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I know there's no rearview camera (and so no movie) but is there anything like an icon that flashes up on the headunit that shows which sensor has been avtivated? I know with Toyota that's a long shot!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a beeping, They were dealer fitted and arrived painted from Toyota, They are an option now and have been for a few weeks. They dont look out of place and fit nicely. If your centre doesn't want to fit them I'm sureour guys will assist

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Hi Steve,

Just a couple more questions if you please:

Firstly, can the sensors sit further up the bumper at all?

And Secondly, any ideas if the TRD rear bumper is just an add-on or does it replace the whole bumper? (cos I think its just an add-on but you need to remove the black rear diffuser, but I could be wrong)

I ask this because I'm still deciding on if I want rear sensors (in case I am unable to install a rear view camera) and if I install the sensors then want the rear TRD bumper, whether this will cause issues or not.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Celica66 said:
Ae we all getting a bit old or something???

when you passed your driving test did you have a reversing camera or sensors... i know i didn't 
Yes, we are getting old!
I took my driving test in 1980 three weeks after my 17th birthday but the roads were a lot quieter then. My test lasted 12 minutes which I took in a brown Vauxhall Viva.Since getting my last 2 Prius and more recently my CT200h I've really got used to sensors and rear cameras.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
not difficult to park; it is teenie

spend your money on bhp

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Think we could rib each other all day on this subject
He he ..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Keethos said:
Hi Steve,

Just a couple more questions if you please:

Firstly, can the sensors sit further up the bumper at all?

And Secondly, any ideas if the TRD rear bumper is just an add-on or does it replace the whole bumper? (cos I think its just an add-on but you need to remove the black rear diffuser, but I could be wrong)

I ask this because I'm still deciding on if I want rear sensors (in case I am unable to install a rear view camera) and if I install the sensors then want the rear TRD bumper, whether this will cause issues or not.

I can only assume it can be moved up as there looks like theres room, With regards to the TRD kit i've not done much reading about it tbh so I need to try and ask the questions for you

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Thanks Steve, I wasn't too sure if moving the sensors up a little would affect the sensor region and end up not being able to pick up certain things.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats what i was thinking, If you move them then you could miss bollards kerbs etc. They've been tried and tested at the position for a reason as they work. they really dont look out of place at all and i think a very good buy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts