GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just driven mine from Essex to the Scottish Borders, then Edinburgh, back down south to York and then home.

Fuel consumption - 40 mpg.

Gearbox beginning to get much slicker.

The suspension is perfect most of the time, but I don't recommend the very poorly surfaced roads in Edinburgh or the cobbled streets in Kelso.

Caught in torrential rain in the Borders on Sunday - wipers are very good indeed,particularlywith Rainx on the windscreen. Coped with flooded roads as well without a problem.

Comfort = fantastic

Very relaxed on the motorway with cruise control engaged, but when you get to the A-roads in the Borders...

Incidentally, in five days I have not yet spotted another 86 anywhere - where are you all?

Shaun

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Well said!! Coudlnt have put it better myself!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Nice write-up!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice little review. Dd you try the audio system much? Re the rain-x I'm intending to do my windows but is it a myth that rain-x on the front prematurely wears out the rubber on the blades? Can't see how it could but, like I say, maybe just a myth.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Habu said:
Nice little review. Dd you try the audio system much? Re the rain-x I'm intending to do my windows but is it a myth that rain-x on the front prematurely wears out the rubber on the blades? Can't see how it could but, like I say, maybe just a myth.

I used Rainx on my last car with no noticeable change to the wear rate of the wiper rubbers...

On balance I am reasonably happy with the audio system...it's not the best, but once set-up to your liking is more than acceptable. If you're looking for big sound/bass then you'll want an upgrade. Nevertheless, the digital separation and clarity when playing 320kbps mp3s is very good.

·
Registered
363 Posts
millview22 said:
I have just driven mine from Essex to the Scottish Borders, then Edinburgh, back down south to York and then home.

Fuel consumption - 40 mpg.

Gearbox beginning to get much slicker.

The suspension is perfect most of the time, but I don't recommend the very poorly surfaced roads in Edinburgh or the cobbled streets in Kelso.

Caught in torrential rain in the Borders on Sunday - wipers are very good indeed,particularlywith Rainx on the windscreen. Coped with flooded roads as well without a problem.

Comfort = fantastic

Very relaxed on the motorway with cruise control engaged, but when you get to the A-roads in the Borders...

Incidentally, in five days I have not yet spotted another 86 anywhere - where are you all?

Shaun

Shaun, I am in Colchester. It would be good to share notes when mine arrives at the end of September. Funny enough I have also traveled to Scotland and stay in Kelso before going onwards. Those cobbled streets are a test for anything!

Having said that the roads in Scotland are epic and perfect territory for a GT86.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Actually 40 ought to be pretty easy on a motorway cruise

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Guys...remember it's all downhill from Scotland so coasted all the way home... by the speed limit of course as we all do!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts