GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 86 has now ticked over to 1000 miles ( not bad in 2 weeks) im just wondering, who else is in the club, and where have you been

Ive just come back fromEdinburgh so around 600 miles. Im pleasantlysurprisedon the fueleconomy there and back on a tank and a half of fuel!!!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
rich172 said:
my 86 has now ticked over to 1000 miles ( not bad in 2 weeks) im just wondering, who else is in the club, and where have you been 

Ive just come back from Edinburgh so around 600 miles. Im  pleasantly surprised on the fuel economy there and back on a tank and a half of fuel!!!
My runs here Does the GT86 need to be run in

Macclesfield to Benfleet and back in first 24 hours
Macc to Nottingham and back twice
Lots of exploring in the Peak district

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
686 Posts
rich172 said:

Ive just come back from Edinburgh so around 600 miles. Im  pleasantly surprised on the fuel economy there and back on a tank and a half of fuel!!!
Out of interest what sort of MPG were you getting?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The average for the trip is around 40mpg, thats say 75%motorway and 25% country/city driving,

but immassivelyimpressed i wasregularly checking theinstantness and would see 45-50. average speed on the motorway, 75mph @ 3000rpm

The worst mpg ive had since owing the car is 5mpg yep five!!! but i was exploring the full extent rev range shall we say!!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
About 27-28 mpg (that's the average since mile zero with maybe 10 miles done on motorways), but I didn't choose this sort of car to try and get good mpg and drive accordingly

Fuel gauge shows empty and lights up little petrol pump warning light pretty early (normally at about 240 miles from filling up), probably still 5-6 litres in tank at this stage.

Needed about half a litre of oil as well after a 1000 miles.

Rev limiter cuts in pretty hard at 7500 rpm, knocks revs back to 7000 then seems to gradually let them increase again over a few seconds, so you don't seem to bounce off it like you did in the T-Sport.

Alec Edited by: keelerad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.