GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe it but my car that was due on 24th Oct has arrived early. Got the call on Thursday. Parkng sensors are now fitted and I pick my new red GT86 up tomorrow morning at 1130!

So excited......

Any hints or tips out there for driving for the 1st few miles. Does the engine need a period of lower rev's?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
It's part of the cel issue widely discussed.

So far mine is fine and remapped anyway.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I was told the dealers are not allowed to deliver any more cars without the update by the service manager at Aylesbury Steven Eagell on Saturday.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Jessie-James1 said:
Any hints or tips out there for driving for the 1st few miles. Does the engine need a period of lower rev's?

There have been a few discussions on here about different running in methods. The owners handbook details the official recommended practice from Toyota/Subaru.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Spoke to the girl in the garage this morning - She confirmed they got an email from Toyota head office this morning regarding the ECU update on all new delivery cars. Now showing 31st for collection!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.