GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned they do use oil (mine needed 0.5 litre after 1000 miles), I got a 5 litre from Richard at RRG at Macc, but just saw this on eBay

0W20 Oil

Have asked if its the fully synthetic, as the bottle looks different from that on the Mobil website, but I think all Mobil 1 oils are synthetics and £5 a litre is a good price.

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Not all oils are the same though, even in the same 'grade'. I put a post up asking what the oil spec was for the cars but noone seems to know yet. Hopefully if someone has the service manual it will state the proper spec in there. I'd stick to this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Spotted 5 litres of Total Quartz 9000 Future 0W-20 on Amazon.co.uk for £42 including delivery; seems like a very good price to me.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I picked up three litres of Mobil 1 0w-20 on eBay the other day for £15 delivered. Be nice if there was some more of that!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just saw some 0W20 in a BP service station near the tolls on the M6 Toll yesterday, priced at £18 a litre

Alec

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I've not found Opie Oils to be particularly cheap, even with all the marketing/discount blah.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.