What Coilovers? - Page 5 - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 6th May 2020, 22:06

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDrysdale View Post
Hatchi, did you have any issues with the raceseng parts being caught up in customs? My tracker has been saying they have been there for over a week now. Apparently the customs charges have been raised and I should be getting a letter but nothing has appeared...

Five times as long sat in UK as they took to cross the pond. Customs charging letter receved after about 7 days from order but then took for ever to be delivered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 28th August 2020, 16:57 Thread Starter

Hello again... not long after my last post my wife gave birth to our second daughter. Needless To say I havenít made it anywhere near the garage in the last few months.

Just got out to start fitting the front struts last night and ran in to my first problem. The raceseng top mounts are supplied without spring perches for the Ohlins R&T as it says they are not compatible. The instructions say to reuse the stock spring perch but this appears to be an integral part of the original top mount. Presumably the top of the strut still needs some sort of roller bearing to allow the strut to rotate? Or does it rely on the spherical bearing (pillow ball) in the raceseng cascam unit?

Also there are two plastic spring cups supplied with the kit but the instructions say to install these on the top of both front and rear springs? That would mean I am two short, any ideas?

Cheers
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 31st August 2020, 21:46 Thread Starter

Ok, metal perches for the front struts now found. They were well hidden in the packaging.

Still unsure about the lack of bearings but will build up at some point this week and see how things look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 1st September 2020, 09:29

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDrysdale View Post
Ok, metal perches for the front struts now found. They were well hidden in the packaging.

Still unsure about the lack of bearings but will build up at some point this week and see how things look.

Send us some built up picks and I will see if I can find a pic of mine to compare. My suspension guy was a little bemused at first as to how these were going to work on the Ohlins
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 1st September 2020, 10:50

Garage
This is what I received in the box. There were no plastic spring cups with mine?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page