GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

Fish Brothers [Swindon, Wilts]

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ComptonGT86 
#1 ·
I picked up my 86 a week last Friday, and had a pleasant experience. The sales person (John) is an older chap, and very efficient and a pleasure to deal with.

I picked up the car that was in the showroom, and drove it to my office (1 mile away). I got out and noticed a rusted stone chip on the door. I immediately took it back, and without fuss they are getting it into their body shop to sort.

I would recommend dealing with them on a number of levels.

Regards,
John

#2 ·
How did it end up with a rusted stone chip when you just picked it up and drove it 1 mile?

#4 ·
Mani said:
How did it end up with a rusted stone chip when you just picked it up and drove it 1 mile?
It had 7 miles on the clock. I am guessing it had a stone chip when testing and it was missed on inspection. I only noticed in with the sun shining on it. However today some courier smashed up the front bumper and front wing today... Only 500 miles on clock :(. So depressing :(

#7 ·
In the end it was not a rust spot, it was some sort of hardened sap/residue - came off in bodyshop! Great service from Fish Bros of Swindon.

#8 ·
Fish Bros did the repair (all through his insurance) - looks as new...faultless experience with them.

#9 ·
yeah he was on holiday when I bought mine. Compared with other main dealers, Toyota are so pleasant to deal with. Having had the misfortune of Porsche Swindon, Toyota are a breath of fresh air!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.