Listers Toyota Coventry - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2017, 17:06 Thread Starter

Wanted to post to say listers Coventry dealt with my issues brilliantly.

First off it went in twice for brake squeal. The 2nd time I also raised a concern about the clutch which seemed to be vibrating.

After some discussions we agreed that as I'd only had the car 1 month (it was 2nd hand purchased from the same dealer) that they would have it in to investigate.

I fully expected them to say wear and tear / buyer beware etc. However, not only did they replace the clutch at no cost to me they also replaced the brake pads. Car returned next day fully washed and ready to go! That was unexpected level of customer service and I'd have no hesitation recommending them. The guy I dealt with is called Daniel in their servicing department. Top marks from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2017, 17:13
Expert

If it was great service it shouldn't have to go in twice in such a short period of time for the same issue...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2017, 17:35
GT86 Senior

Is brake squeal a known issue? Was there a recall for it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2017, 18:04 Thread Starter

The brake issue can be down to the OEM pads. There was a recall on fronts but not rears apparently. They still put some new ones on rear for me anyway.

Yeah, agree with above point that it maybe shouldn't have gone in more than once but I'm very happy with the outcome as truly expected some kind of bill.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2017, 18:27

Coventry is my local dealer and i have to say their service department is spot on! I always speak to Drew. Sorts out anything anytime!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2017, 18:39
Groupie

My car was originally sold by Listers Coventry and was serviced by them for the 3 years before I bought it from the original owner.

Unfortunately some of the mileages on MyToyota are incorrect (they don't match the paperwork) - I wrote to them in December explaining this and asking them to correct the MyToyota entries.

They didn't even bother replying to me, and needless to say the details online are still wrong. My next call will be to Toyota Customer Services.

Philip

2013 GT86 - Burnt Orange
2015 Mazda MX-5 NC3 Sport Tech Nav Roadster Coupé - Jet Black
2008 Lexus IS 250 SE-L - Caspian Sky
2011 BMW E93 335i - Le Mans Blue
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 28th April 2017, 19:40

My car was bought from Listers Toyota Coventry last May (2016)On collecting the vehicle i noticed one tyre (n/s front) was a Premacy. whilst the other 3 were Goodyears.'
Asked them to change the tyre as part of the deal. Yes they said, except this mean't i would have to wait 3-4 hours for delivery/fitting of said tyre. I had an 8 hour drive ahead of me to reach home. So i made a verbal agreement with the salesman to have another Goodyear fitted at Toyota in Inverness. Just pay up front for the tyre and we will reimburse you they said...
Upon having the tyre fitted at InvernessToyota and sending the receipt to Listers and many,many phonecalls later i am still waiting for payment, even after being told on one occasion that the accounts dept has sent the cheque to me!
I am still waiting to be reinbursed 11 months on.
Also asked them to service the car, i specifically asked for a (big service) as part of the deal to buy the car.
Salesman agreed to this and on collection day was told by the salesman that it had been done...
So just been to book the car in for service at Corry Motors Toyota Inverness today and service manager asked me which service was due , i explained to him about having had the big service done upon
purchasing the car ,except when he checked Toyotas service history for the car it showed that only the small service had been done, with a couple of extra items such as wiper blades added..

Very poor show!
Can't complain about the car as it has been good tho
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 26th January 2018, 07:21 Thread Starter

Just thought I’d update my post a year on or so! Have had to take car in many times since the clutch issue. In no particular order-:
- oil leak
- master seal oil leak
- gear syncros (3 I think)
- new clutch
- water ingress

The engine must’ve come out of it 4 times!
Anyway. The car I love but might be time to swap it (for another, newer, GT).

Despite everything Toyota Listers Cov have generally looked after me well. Drew is currently dealing & he has been very helpful. I just can’t fault their customer service - even though my particular car had all these issues.

Everything done on warranty & never a hint of me having to pay.

Would be interested to know if anyone had a newer uk 2017 facelift GT & whether they have had any mechanical issues??

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 26th January 2018, 13:18
Groupie

Had my 40k mile service(actual 33k)carried out the the other week. Drew was very helpful, replaced rear view mirrorno quibble whatsoever. Also agreed to update satnav maps FOC to latest seeing as I updated them last in 2015. Top guy.
Andy.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 26th January 2018, 13:20
GT86 Senior

Why is there no bloody consistency between Toyota dealers? I was informed that Toyota NEVER give free map updates.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page