GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

no aero kit in the UK?

8K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  steviep351 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have ordered mine today after very exciting test drive in a rainy weather

GT orange, automatic gearbox with leather/alcantara seats...I also asked about the aero kit, the one with high rear wing, but was told that Toyota does not do it in this country
Has anyone heard anything about it? It is a shame as I really like the look of it...

-M

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome and congratulations on your order.

Your dealer was right, the aero kit is not available in the UK.

However if it was possible to get hold of all the part numbers for the kit you may be able to order the bits through a Toyota dealer.

#3 ·
You will need a new boot lid though as the factory wing comes with like a million fitting holes drilled into the boot and the Nur Spec wing wont cover the holes.That or get the holes filled and painted.

I wish the factory wing could be deleted when buying the car as it just causes hassle for people who aren't fan of it and wanting to go down the aftermarket route.

#4 ·
hilander said:
Hi,

I have ordered mine today after very exciting test drive in a rainy weather

GT orange, automatic gearbox with leather/alcantara seats...I also asked about the aero kit, the one with high rear wing, but was told that Toyota does not do it in this country
Has anyone heard anything about it? It is a shame as I really like the look of it...

-M

Congratulations! Welcome and enjoy - we are all 'nutters' on here... (oh, apart from theodd 50% of other 'Forum members' who don't even bother to respond.. probably propagating petunias, or some similar silliness...)

Orange? Ho hum... common as muck...

Auto? Good boy! - 'tis the way forward, as I shall undoubtedly prove in the TSS and other such endeavours - hell hath no fury like a zimmer rezzurected.....!

Leather/Alcantara? Blinding! Holds firm like the clotharses have no conception. And, thereby, you haveheated seats = arthritis is a very happy companion, even your m-i-l will approve, if you can (want) to persuade her into your precious .... !!

Hold on the rear wing... much is being developed, both in Japan and UK.

I'm wanting a 'reactive' system, both front and rear.. but no-one so far is willing to put money into a wind-tunnel development programme, so it'sform over function at present.. ick.

Getyour pride-and-joy into 'Manual' mode as soon as possible - use paddles, myfriend. Blinding on the auto once you're over 3krpm. Autoblip downshift is good, albeit slow... but gets better, the ECU 'learns'... andyou can double/trebledownbox and it will hit the right revs in final gear, no interblip... awesome!

... err, Inow realise this may take you a little time to achieve.. you've got 1kmiles to get on the clock to run in...

We need to change the stupidity of the sequential gear lever shift... what ninja idiot determines 'pull back' to change down??? - if I'm giving it serious braking into a bend I want 'Push' to downshift, not 'Pull' -common practice,with Subaru's knowledge of rallying, is'nt it...?

Jeez, why do they upfsck with such simplistic stuff... should be an auto'recall' for a simple mod. It's so out of norm it's perverse...

... everything else is right on the button, for me.

Enjoy!

Spec K

#5 ·
manny27 said:
You will need a new boot lid though as the factory wing comes with like a million fitting holes drilled into the boot and the Nur Spec wing wont cover the holes.That or get the holes filled and painted.

I wish the factory wing could be deleted when buying the car as it just causes hassle for people who aren't fan of it and wanting to go down the aftermarket route.
are you sure? because AFAIK all cars in Belgium come with the factory wing and we DO have the optional "Nur Spec" wing which (again AFAIK) is installed at the dealers. and i took a very close look at one at my dealers. there were no holes. one hell of a scratch though...

#6 ·
ob1kxb said:
manny27 said:

are you sure? because AFAIK all cars in Belgium come with the factory wing and we DO have the optional "Nur Spec" wing which (again AFAIK) is installed at the dealers. and i took a very close look at one at my dealers. there were no holes. one hell of a scratch though...

Yep pretty sure, the dealer must of told the factory not to fit the factory wing if you opt for the Nur Spec. Either that or they install a new boot lid on arrival.

This is what the holes looks like once you take off the wing

#7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I guess I will wait and see what other aftermarket wings will be available.
As for the automatic, I loved it and yes, I noticed the sequential shifter is the other way around...but there is hope, I have read about some shift pattern inverters being developed

#11 ·
so as i went into the dealers today, i asked about the kit (and the wing) and as it seems, i was wrong. the car is shipped with either the stock or the big wing already installed. however, the kit is not sold seperately, so either you order it with the car, or you have to wait for an aftermarket "copy" to be developed.again, this is in Belgium (and possibly the rest of Europe). if you want to try and source it overseas, you might be able to get it

#17 ·
hilander said:
I have collected my ginger interceptor on Saturday

The weather was crap, but still managed to have some fun...I absolutely love the automatic gearbox.
300 miles done, 700 to go

Yay! Another auto convert... try a superfast two/three gear paddle downchange, in sport mode, under braking ... it 'autoblips' down to the lowest gear, none ofyer intermediate blipping...!!

Spec K

#18 ·
Just a quick update...one bumper scratch, windscreen chip and 2500 miles more on the clock later and I find thecar amazing. 10-12 hour drive a day, quick nap and I could not wait to seat behind the wheel again
I have done some long runs with speeds over 100mph in Germany and was surprised how much confidence inspiring it is...high speed bends, emergency braking, the car puts you in control and gives feedback on what's going on.Now I am wondering what a difference would it be with the aero kit...

Automatic gearbox needs a section on its own
Before I bought the car I thought that I will be driving mostly in manual mode, being in control and all that crap...but auto in sports mode, with on-demand paddle downshifts is all I really need, it does learn your acceleration patterns to some extend and works just great!

Now back to fixing scratches/chips, upgrade tyres and play Gran Turismo to memorize the Ring before I visit Germany again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.