3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gray
  • 1 Post By Subota Boy
  • 1 Post By NJay

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2020, 19:54 Thread Starter

Key fob not recognised!

Hi all!

I recently purchased my GT86 and I love it!! I upgraded from a Celica which I also loved but it was time to put it to rest sadly.

So, my car is not recognising the key fob anymore. Normally I would just get in and press the start button however today I pressed the start button and nothing happen! DISASTER ...or so I thought. But then I found out that if I pressed the fob against the button and depressed the clutch we are back in business! ...Panic over.

The question I have is ...what is going on? It's showing me a yellow key sign as if it is not picking up my key and I switched out with my spare and have the same problem. So the second question I have ..is how do I fix it?

Thank you all in advance and please bare with me this is my first time on an owners club website ( I was today years old when I found out this is a thing!!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2020, 20:31
Groupie

From your description it sounds like you need new batteries in the fobs.
Subota Boy likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2020, 20:34 Thread Starter

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2020, 21:01
Expert

Garage
CR1632 - about £1.70 each on line. Maybe about £8 each from a Toyota dealership. Enjoy your car and welcome to the Club!!
PavlovsCat likes this.

Black GT86 owned 7+ years and modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map. Also, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler, shark fin, Intec brake light, Valentis.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th September 2020, 21:01

I bought Panasonic CR1632 1632 3V Lithium Battery Pack of 4 Battery back in July 2018

£4.37 off Amazon.

One in each fob and I haven't needed to replace either in over 2 years which is just typical as I put one of the two spare batteries in the glove compartment just case lol
Kaviar likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 25th September 2020, 16:01
Groupie

I hope you don't have the same problems as I am having, my battery has been replaced lots of times without solving the issue - still never know if I will get the car started or not - technician just keeps saying there is no fault - but there definitely is!!

GT86 Black, Red/Black alcantara seats, my other car is a MR2 - my hubby\'s other car is a ducati 848 and now a ducati monster too

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page