Boot keeps popping open.... - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 17th June 2020, 20:16 Thread Starter
Groupie

Boot keeps popping open....

My 2017 GT86 has just been into the main dealers for a service, since then both the battery on my main key and spare have failed and been replaced. Now the boot lid keeps randomly popping open - luckily twice now I have heard it just before I’ve left it, checked I have not accidentally pressed the key fob too anyone else had this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th September 2020, 11:31 Thread Starter
Groupie

Having problems now with both key fobs. Both only work sporadically meaning I never know if the car will open - or lock - at anytime. Had the batteries replaced multiple times and also been told the button had some “fluff” in it, if I unlock the car manually I can’t stop the alarm and keep getting a message that the key is not recognised. Found a post on another Gt86 forum where somebody else has had the same problem with the key fobs not working and the boot randomly popping open - anyone else? Or just me?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th September 2020, 17:23
Expert

I have had this problem and it was a mechanical problem. The mechanic made it go away by fiddling with it. I don't know what exactly he did.

Moves With Rowds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 15th September 2020, 17:06 Thread Starter
Groupie

So - technician can find no fault apart from a problem on the clutch showed up (was told this was a common issue?). So no further forward despite the fob not working properly this morning when I dropped it off. Have seen others have had the same problems on the GT86 drivers forum - key fobs not working and the boot lid randomly popping open - so at least it’s not just me but very frustrating that nothing is showing up so I have no fix. Just have to suck it and see.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 15th September 2020, 18:42

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phee37 View Post
So - technician can find no fault apart from a problem on the clutch showed up (was told this was a common issue?).
A 'common issue' with the clutch? Can't say I'm aware of anything like that

JESS! What were you thinking, man?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 25th September 2020, 16:03 Thread Starter
Groupie

Me neither - but it's still doing it and I'm getting to the point of not trusting the car anymore!

GT86 Black, Red/Black alcantara seats, my other car is a MR2 - my hubby\'s other car is a ducati 848 and now a ducati monster too

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page