GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

Smoke from engine bay

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Kesler 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Sorry again for the absence, in the past 7-8 weeks I must have driven my 86 once...

For that one time, I've noticed smoke coming from the engine bay. Originally I thought it would be the cam cover plate oil leak, in which case would be a simple case of asking the dealer to re-seat it, but today I moved my 86 around 5 metres (just close enough) to wash it, popped the bonnet open and found the white smoke again.

On closer inspection, it does look like it's coming from the coolant tank area. On even closer inspection, I think it's past that and over from the radiator. [MENTION=60]Kodename47[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1928]growlerkat[/MENTION] have been giving me their thoughts over Messenger, but Steve is indicating perhaps the radiator is beginning to show signs of being on its way out with a split?

Coolant levels are a bit on the low side, but hasn't hit the low marker. I'll be ordering a litre or so in due course, but has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was your solution?

Thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.