Latest GT86 recall - Engine Valve Springs - Page 71 - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 229Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #701 of 703 (permalink) Old 16th September 2020, 11:09

I'm not having much luck either with getting this oil leak looked at. It has gotten a lot worse today to the point where it is now continuously dripping out from the bottom of my car, so i'll need to get it fixed ASAP if I want to continue using the car.

Called up the Subaru garage where the recall work was carried out to see if it is something that would be covered under warranty and they are telling me they are no longer part of Subaru network so have no responsibility for getting this looked at/repaired. Highly frustrating as the next nearest garage is a further 10 miles away. I called up this dealership who said they are not sure whether or not something like this would be covered under warranty. They said they were going to contact the warranty department for some other ongoing cases and would ask about my particular situation to see who has liability over this.

No idea when I'll get an answer from them but for the time being I'll have to pop into my nearest petrol station to get a gallon of oil just so I can make it back home safely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #702 of 703 (permalink) Old 16th September 2020, 14:28
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyyy View Post
I'm not having much luck either with getting this oil leak looked at. It has gotten a lot worse today to the point where it is now continuously dripping out from the bottom of my car, so i'll need to get it fixed ASAP if I want to continue using the car.

Called up the Subaru garage where the recall work was carried out to see if it is something that would be covered under warranty and they are telling me they are no longer part of Subaru network so have no responsibility for getting this looked at/repaired. Highly frustrating as the next nearest garage is a further 10 miles away. I called up this dealership who said they are not sure whether or not something like this would be covered under warranty. They said they were going to contact the warranty department for some other ongoing cases and would ask about my particular situation to see who has liability over this.

No idea when I'll get an answer from them but for the time being I'll have to pop into my nearest petrol station to get a gallon of oil just so I can make it back home safely
I think you need to get onto Subaru UK. If it's doing it within a year of the recall being done, it should be under warranty.

2013 GT86 White, Bespoke TEIN Street Flex EDFC Active Pro, fully poly bushed, SPA rear lower arms. Injen Induction, TD EL manifold, Milltek over pipe, decatted, TD resonated exhaust and decat pipe. AP 4-pots BBK. TE37's, mega sound system.
post #703 of 703 (permalink) Old 16th September 2020, 15:41

Unfortunately, the recall work was done back in May 2019 so it's over a year now

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page