Latest GT86 recall - Engine Valve Springs - Page 69 - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #681 of 688 (permalink) Old 11th April 2020, 08:24
Expert

Garage
For my oil control valve it was P0018. Caused the engine to occassionally stall and rough running in the low rev range where it sounded like a Subaru, almost like a misfire, but caused by timing being out on that bank. Was replaced under warranty.

2013 GT86 White, Bespoke TEIN Street Flex EDFC Active Pro, fully poly bushed, SPA rear lower arms. Injen Induction, TD EL manifold, Milltek over pipe, decatted, TD resonated exhaust and decat pipe. AP 4-pots BBK. TE37's, mega sound system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #682 of 688 (permalink) Old 11th April 2020, 18:33
Groupie

I've ordered a couple of o rings to replace and hopefully fix my leak.
post #683 of 688 (permalink) Old 14th April 2020, 19:47
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyCarMan View Post
Did you have the same/similar issues as me?

CEL codes:
P000C
P0300
P0302

Plus engine knocking and rev hunting with occassional stall (at idle) after about 5-6mins

Did it fix the situation?
Sorry for delay, no knocking, but did have some rev hunting/dipping around idle

Black with black leather, Cosworth Stg1, Tomei UEL & High flow Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #684 of 688 (permalink) Old 18th May 2020, 07:30
Groupie

Hi, had my recall done in January. When stopped at lights or just about to park, the idle dropping sometimes so low it stalls. I had a new clutch. When it first happened I told the garage straight away and said it will settle down. This has got to be a problem now I don't feel confident about driving her. So back to the garage she is going today. It does it mainly in neutral and when Lois has warmed up. Could it be anything to do with heat, air intake, fuel mixture, injector problem? I'm not an expert but it behaved perfectly before the recall.
post #685 of 688 (permalink) Old 18th May 2020, 07:36
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loisaida View Post
Hi, had my recall done in January. When stopped at lights or just about to park, the idle dropping sometimes so low it stalls. I had a new clutch. When it first happened I told the garage straight away and said it will settle down. This has got to be a problem now I don't feel confident about driving her. So back to the garage she is going today. It does it mainly in neutral and when Lois has warmed up. Could it be anything to do with heat, air intake, fuel mixture, injector problem? I'm not an expert but it behaved perfectly before the recall.
You need an EML code really. Could be one of the oil control valves. I had this problem post recall. It would stall. The other giveaway is that you notice the timing being out at low revs so it sounds like a Subaru.
Subota Boy likes this.

2013 GT86 White, Bespoke TEIN Street Flex EDFC Active Pro, fully poly bushed, SPA rear lower arms. Injen Induction, TD EL manifold, Milltek over pipe, decatted, TD resonated exhaust and decat pipe. AP 4-pots BBK. TE37's, mega sound system.
post #686 of 688 (permalink) Old 18th May 2020, 07:42
Groupie

Many thanks Lauren. My recall technician will be looking at her so fingers crossed he sorts it.
post #687 of 688 (permalink) Old 19th May 2020, 21:04
Groupie

Well! My master tech did all the checks and gave Lois a good going over while I bit my nails down to the elbow. Sent me a video health check too and pronounced her to be in fantastic shape. No faults registered.
I had no idling problem yesterday after taking her home and a run out this morning where she behaved perfectly.
I'm a bit baffled but will keep hoping she stays that way.
Subota Boy and martinwood333 like this.
post #688 of 688 (permalink) Old 19th May 2020, 21:07
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loisaida View Post
Well! My master tech did all the checks and gave Lois a good going over while I bit my nails down to the elbow. Sent me a video health check too and pronounced her to be in fantastic shape. No faults registered.
I had no idling problem yesterday after taking her home and a run out this morning where she behaved perfectly.
I'm a bit baffled but will keep hoping she stays that way.
After an ECU reset, it can for no good real reason take a few days for the idle to settle again. It just seems to be a quirk really.
Loisaida likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page