GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

Idle Rpm rise after Ecutek Remap

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr Slow 
#1 ·
After the EcuTek remap the idle has reached 1400 rpm in cold start, while when on stock setup it was1100 rpm max. even in snow conditions. Is this normal?

#3 ·
Where are you based Nik? In the UK or outside.
My stock car always starts at 1500 RPM and then goes down to 650/700 after 30 seconds, if the outside weather is above 10 C, if it is below then it continues at that for a while. I believe it is set for 2 reasons:
1. To warm the CATs
2. To give the engine a sporty character on start up
I wouldn't worry about 1400 RPM start.

#4 ·
To warm the cats quicker it's not just higher rpms, but in stock tune "cold-starts" also have modified ignition & valve timings so to throw some unburnt fuel in exhaust. And IIRC those timings are the ones that make cold starts loudest, not higher idle rpms

#5 ·
I'm based in Greece and the tuner is the official Greek GT86 EcuTek tuner. I was just wondering if it's normal, and you were clear, thanks guys!

#6 ·
church said:
To warm the cats quicker it's not just higher rpms, but in stock tune "cold-starts" also have modified ignition & valve timings so to throw some unburnt fuel in exhaust. And IIRC those timings are the ones that make cold starts loudest, not higher idle rpms

It's not un-burnt fuel, that destroys CAT's quickly. The timing is retarded so that fuel is still burning as it exits the exhaust valves. This still burning fuel warms the CAT's up much quicker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.