Kesler's Pearl White 86 - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 08:59 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Howdy everyone, this is just a thread for me to spam myself - for all those looking to keep an eye on how the boy from Hemel is going with his new toy, this is it.

For those who haven't read my thread in the Newbie section, here's the 'Previously on Kesler's adventure' :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subota Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by growlerkat
So............how did it go????
He's probably still out driving it, Kat!
Hahahahaha! I've driven it twice yesterday, then went out in the dutty diesel today.

So, what happened was - I decided I'd go and pick it up on Friday, so booked the day off then came all the reasons under the sun from my friends on why they can't take me. Luckily one of them said 'ok, let's do it'.

Friday, circa 8:00am
Hemel Hempstead

This arrived:

And we scraped all the way to Cambridge... 50 miles of pure wincing on the slightest of crevices! We had to pull over at one point to see if we lost something on the M11.

Last edited by Kesler; 8th February 2019 at 11:02. Reason: Fixing HTML code due to platform migration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 08:59 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
What seemed to feel like 15 hours later, but was only 1.5, we got there.

There it was, my car:

Basking in all it's glory. The dealership saw us scrape up into the car park. At this point I got out of the car and ran over to what would be mine that day.

Unfortunately the paintwork prep was done on only the parts I pointed out - which I only did 10 seconds of, but was then assured the WHOLE car would be checked out and done. But hey, that's what warranty is for right? So when I'm ready to part with the car (finding this the real challenge) they will send out some crappy little courtesy car while I get the 86 taken away for a proper paint job.

Asking 'surely you'll give me a like-for-like car to drive in the meantime', while pointing at the 64-plate 86 next to mine, they laughed. Well I thought it was a valid question.

Anyway, Finance do what they do best - make you wait. So I waited. Then for some reason I thought I was the only one in the dealership and noone could hear me to said quite loudly 'F&CK THIS, I'M GOING TO TAKE SOME PHOTOS'.

Had to apologise to the elderly couple who was looking at the Aygo behind me.

The photos when I was waiting:

(Edited to remove HTML code)

Last edited by Kesler; 8th February 2019 at 11:06. Reason: Fixing HTML code due to platform migration
post #3 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 08:59 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, circa 12:00pm
Cambridge

Famished, went into the city centre for food:

Last edited by Kesler; 8th February 2019 at 11:07. Reason: Fixing HTML code due to platform migration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 09:00 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, circa 4:00pm
Cambridge

Finance finally released the car to me. DROVE. IT. HOME.

Quote:
Friday, circa 11:00pm
Saturday, circa 1:00am
Saturday, circa 2:00am
Saturday, circa 4:00am
Saturday, circa 5:00am
Hemel Hempstead

Car is still outside my house.

Last edited by Kesler; 8th February 2019 at 11:09. Reason: Fixing HTML code due to platform migration
post #5 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 09:03 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

According to my spreadsheet, in no particular order I will line up to order:
  • HIC rear visor - ORDERED
  • Eibach Pro-Kit - ORDERED
  • Cusco front strut brace
  • New wheels (To be decided/keeping it hush)
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym2 - unless anyone advises other tyres?
  • Milltek resonated secondary cat back
  • Valenti rear lights

Last edited by Kesler; 8th February 2019 at 11:10. Reason: Fixing HTML code due to platform migration
post #6 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 09:38
Expert

Quote:
<ul>[*]New wheels(To be decided/keeping it hush)[*]Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym2 - unless anyone advises other tyres?
[/list]
Are you sticking to 17" wheels? If so, there is nothing at all wrong with the OEM Michelins, progressive level of grip, hard wearing and stand up well to track days. I'm coming up to 23K on mine (two track days and a handful of 'spirited' laps of the Nürburgring) and there is still quite a bit of tread left.This is of course, sticking to the ethos of the car.

GT86 gone but not forgotten . . .
post #7 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 10:01
GT86 Senior

I got a great deal on my bridgestone porenza 235 40 18, had the bridgestone before and got 20k out of them..£90 + vat fitted.
post #8 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 10:23 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper602
Quote:
<ul>[*]New wheels(To be decided/keeping it hush)[*]Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym2 - unless anyone advises other tyres?
[/list]
Are you sticking to 17" wheels? If so, there is nothing at all wrong with the OEM Michelins, progressive level of grip, hard wearing and stand up well to track days. I'm coming up to 23K on mine (two track days and a handful of 'spirited' laps of the Nürburgring) and there is still quite a bit of tread left.This is of course, sticking to the ethos of the car.

Hey Chopper,

The Primacy HPs? I am thinking of keeping the OEM wheels and maybe putting winters on them. The new wheels I'll go for are 18"s so am looking at alternative tyre choices. I know from my previous Type R that the Goodyears performed well, but it's only an assumption that it will work well on the 86 as this is now the RWD world.

Decisions Decisions!
post #9 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 10:26 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeman
I got a great deal on my bridgestone porenza 235 40 18, had the bridgestone before and got 20k out of them..£90 + vat fitted.
Hey that's not bad you know! The Goodyears equate to £80 a corner, based on 225/40R18, so they're currently on my list. The Potz back then where fantastic in the dry, but questionable in the wet - not sure if they've changed the compound slightly since, what are you thoughts on the performance of them on your 86?

I'd also like to try the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta but can't seem to find them anywhere
post #10 of 1268 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2015, 10:27 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper602
I'm coming up to 23K on mine (two track days and a handful of 'spirited' laps of the Nürburgring) and there is still quite a bit of tread left.This is of course, sticking to the ethos of the car.

Forgot to mention about this - that's phenomenal tyre deg!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page