Hatchi's BRZ journey - Page 3 - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 8th October 2020, 20:30 Thread Starter

Garage
After a completely unanticipated delay due to you no what I have been beavering away over the last few months ordering another round of goodies. I have been on the look out for some forged alloys for a long while and whilst I was not prepared to spend upwards of £3k on a new set I nevertheless assumed some used examples would have come along by now. But alas for one reason or another I’ve not managed to secure any. I’m happy with my Rota Titans, there surprisingly light for their size (17x9) and I have had zero issues with them on road or track but I always intended to purchase two sets. So after spending way too much time trawling the net and finding out the wait for my first two options were going to take me into Spring 2021 I have finally pulled the plug on some Works Kiwamis in 18x8.5J in Bronze. They look set to land end of Dec/Early Jan.

Next up is an ARK Grip Cat back system and that is due next week. After much deliberation between polished and burnt tips I went for polished

After spending approx. 18 months with the Ohlins R & T MP21’s with the softer spring set (40/30) I have ordered up a set of 50Nm springs as they are currently recommending. As I have had a progressively annoying noisy ' clonk' up front with what looks like a bearing issue with the Raceseng top mounts I will soon be getting them taken off and looked at. It’s not 100% conclusive it is the bearings until they are off and inspected so there is a slight a slight chance it could be a damper. Meanwhile Raceseng have kindly offered to send out some new bearings once they have finished the next production run but meanwhile I bit a sour bullet and grabbed a front set of Ohlins own top mounts in case they take a while to arrive. I then have an option if the Raceseng’s are at fault to not have to revert to stock springs and dampers. If the Ohlins are the issue, which I really hope are not, then I have a few months of warranty left to get them sorted and I at least have the option to add the Ohlins top mounts to the stock dampers to retain a preferred degree of camber. Not an option with the Raceseng as they are Ohlins specific shock bushings.

Finally, I have been in touch with TD and hopefully Mike will still be offering a Black Friday sale. If they do, I will defo be booking it in for their N/A tuning package.

Best get researching on tyre choices

Last edited by Hatchi; 8th October 2020 at 20:32.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 17th October 2020, 13:44 Thread Starter

Garage
Ooooh! Look whatís arrived

Looking forward to getting this mounted

Last edited by Hatchi; 17th October 2020 at 22:16.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 17th October 2020, 14:06
Groupie

That exhaust looks outrageous! I don't think I've come across Ark before. What sold you on their system?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 17th October 2020, 14:17 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaviar View Post
That exhaust looks outrageous! I don't think I've come across Ark before. What sold you on their system?

Annoying experience of drone on previous systems and the necessity to not make the same mistake. A few other ARK owners testified to it being of good quality and that the Helmholtz tech works well. I’m also happy with the sound clips I have heard even on the stock manifold so with the NA TD tuning package it should sound even tastier and am also confident it will be pass any track noise restrictions
Kaviar likes this.

Last edited by Hatchi; 17th October 2020 at 22:12.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 17th October 2020, 20:02
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchi View Post
Annoying experience of drone on previous systems and the necessity to not make the same mistake. Few other ARK owners testified to it being of good quality and that the Helmholtz tech works well. Iím also happy with the sound clips I have heard even on the stock manifold so with the NA TD tuning package it should sound even tastier and am also confident it will be pass any track noise restrictions

Current 20% discount also helped
I've just been checking out some videos and it sounds ace! I'm looking forward to hearing what it sounds like on yours with the TD package?!
If you don't mind me asking, 20% off. I've had a quick look on Torqen but I couldn't see an mention of a discount so wasn't sure if it was already applied?

https://www.torqen.uk/toyota/toyota-...202-0113g.html

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 17th October 2020, 22:11 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaviar View Post
I've just been checking out some videos and it sounds ace! I'm looking forward to hearing what it sounds like on yours with the TD package?!
If you don't mind me asking, 20% off. I've had a quick look on Torqen but I couldn't see an mention of a discount so wasn't sure if it was already applied?

https://www.torqen.uk/toyota/toyota-...202-0113g.html

Apologies, I wasn’t very clear. What I meant to say was the price I paid and as per your link seems to be an almost 20% saving over the nearest other uk supplier of this system. I’ll remove that bit on my original post
Kaviar likes this.

Last edited by Hatchi; 17th October 2020 at 22:14.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 19th October 2020, 16:55 Thread Starter

Garage
By tomorrow, bar the wheels, all my goodies will have turned up for me to get it booked in the garage to get the car prepared for the Bedford track day. Just in time for my glorious sub leader to announce a countrywide mini lockdown. My timing is impeccable

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page