Jordan. - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 15:06 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Jordan.

Hi All,

It is with the heaviest of hearts and unbearable sadness that I must inform you of the passing of our GT86 & BRZ Owners Club member and very good friend of ours, Jordan Wade aka Smudge.

The online community may view him as a spikey character with a GCSE in Trolling, but I was one of many people who have had the opportunity to meet him and hang out in person. He is a genuine and compassionate soul, full of wonderful automotive knowledge and experience.

But we're peeling back his personality, his character. You peel away his online presence and he is a petrolhead like all of us. If you continue to peel away, you reveal your struggles and Jordan battles with his mental health for a long time. To his close friends his depression was evident, however, social media can mask this very easily.

I want to say it really is ok not to be ok, and if you have a spare minute of your time to just call or message your friends and check in on them. When you have the trust like Jordan and I had, you can unearth the struggles that are really happening and when you can do that, you can try and help.

Sadly, I couldn't help. Jordan lost his fight with mental illness and depression and I am devastated. He has left a hole in our lives and goodness knows what Michelle (his other half) and their families must be going through.

Away from cars, Jordan liked his golf and his golfing friends are holding a day to raise funds for Michelle and his family. Any contribution to the Just Givingpage will be so greatly appreciated:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=7Y43BDv6a

If anyone wishes to leave any comments in this thread I will make sure Michelle sees each one and I thank you all in advance.

Goodbye Jordan, rest up.

Andy.
spikyone, Tony H and Loisaida like this.

Kesler
GT86 & BRZ Owners Club Moderator

Instagram: @keyfobandgob
Facebook: @keyfobandgob
www.keyfobandgob.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 15:35
Expert

Garage
Well said, Andy.

As everyone I am shocked and devastated by the news. Jordan was a true petrolhead and I would say there are petrolheads and then there are real petrolheads. He was the latter and I loved to talk hours with him (normally in a bar) about cars. I shall miss that so much. I will even miss telling him off for not approving posts on the Facebook Group!

But I will miss my dear friend who was passionate and lived and breathed cars and the scene. I am just gutted that I haven't seen him for so long because of the pandemic. We never did have that final drink.

He will be terribly missed.

2013 GT86 White, Bespoke TEIN Street Flex EDFC Active Pro, fully poly bushed, SPA rear lower arms. Injen Induction, TD EL manifold, Milltek over pipe, decatted, TD resonated exhaust and decat pipe. AP 4-pots BBK. TE37's, mega sound system.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 15:44
Groupie

Garage
It's been very shocking news indeed.

Unfortunately I never had a chance to meet him although it was something I was quite looking forward to at once of the 86 meets to finally put a face to the words and have a good chinwag, he always seemed like a good laugh and his passion for cars was definitely evident in his persistance and determination with his own project.

It's a huge tragedy to say the least and is a huge loss of a legendary character for the UK 86 community.
I wish his family and friends all the best.

Project 4k86: Rocket bunny V2 kitted GT86 Equipped with Air Ride Suspension, Work wheels, Big brakes and one day an LS3!
Check out my project thread for the revival of my GT86 which had been written off by the previous owner, a.k.a Project 4kGT86:

https://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/for...back-dead.html

Use my Discount code for Whiteline, just use code "WL2033" on the Whiteline store to Save £20 your first order when spending £150 or more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 16:00

I saw this on Facebook earlier. Really sad news.
I didn't know him, but spoke via Facebook a couple of times. Only a young guy, if only he'd stopped and thought to speak about stuff.
I actually contemplated it myself when I was in my early 20's, seems a silly thing now but it clearly isn't.

An old silver Toyota. Valenti rear lights, Milltek cat back, Tein Flex Z coilovers.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 16:46
Expert

What utterly devastating news. My condolences to all his family and friends. A lovely tribute Andy and no doubt a very difficult one to post. Kudos my friend.

I never met Jordan in person but have spoke to him throughout the years on the forums, such a big character and such a loss.

Rest in Peace.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 17:09
Super Moderator

What terribly sad news. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this awful time.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 19:32

Garage
This is absolutely awful news. Unfortunately I never had the chance to get to know him. He sounded like a top bloke

My condolences to his family and friends.

JESS! What were you thinking, man?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 20:41
Expert

Garage
I have known Jordan since 2014, when we were doing the rounds of various shows that year. Always great fun to be around and always willing to chat car stuff. I was really looking forward to seeing his car back on the road making a beautiful noise.

You summed him up well, Andy. An asset to the Community and he will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace Jordan.

Black GT86 owned 7+ years and modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map. Also, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler, shark fin, Intec brake light, Valentis.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 21:53
BRZ
GT86 Senior

Sometimes something happens that just touches your heart. I was keenly following Smudge's V8 build and he had a recent update after a hiatus. His commitment to that project inspite of all the hurdles thrown at him was unbelievable. For someone who never gave up on his dream project , he gave up somewhere on something else much more valuable. The forum, the community and the world has lost someone precious. God bless you. Rest in peace Jordan!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 23:11
Expert

Garage
RIP Smudge ;(

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page