GR Yaris, official - Page 11 - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 107 (permalink) Old 12th March 2020, 23:26
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James- View Post
But I'm pretty you'd be able to replace it.
The facelift has a version with no big spoiler to try and get new buyers that were put off by JDM craziness....
James- likes this.

.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 107 (permalink) Old 12th March 2020, 23:35
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
I've just read in my latest e-mail from Toyota that the GR4 has front and rear Torsen differentials. I doubt that is anything like the rally version, which will have digitally controlled diffs, controlling the locking 100s of times a second, so it won't handle like the cars we've seen in the Monte Carlo and Swedish Rallies this year.

Actually, while I like the sound of the Torsen's mode of functioning, I can't say I've been overwhelmed by it on the GT86. I know some 86 owners have swapped our Torsen for alternative LSDs. Anyone care to comment on the differences?
As said elsewhere, the WRC cars will share little bar the bodyshell/shape. Possibly the block, as I'm not totally up on the regs.

The main reason a Torsen is used is that it's quieter and smoother than a plated LSD, so preferable on a car that's on general sale. It works well in most conditions that people will experience, really you'll only see a benefit if you track the car hard. I assume that an electronic diff is more expensive, so that's the final reason.
spikyone likes this.

Kodename 47 DJ:
post #103 of 107 (permalink) Old 13th March 2020, 00:50
Expert

Torsen is also of less and simpler maintenance IIRC, thus simpler for dealership techs and DIY maintainers vs clutch/plate type LSD. It's drawback of acting like opendiff when one of wheels completely loosing traction is easily countered by electronic controlled braking, and electronic nannies these days in almost any modern car, or at least certainly all of not absolutely cheapest cars that have torsen lsd diff stock. Less maintenance, cheaper, quieter .. most bits that matter more to car daily driven. And we don't have to lie to ourselves, even from sporty cars only minority gets actually taken to track, hence manufacturer choice is perfectly understandable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 107 (permalink) Old 13th March 2020, 07:18
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
I've just read in my latest e-mail from Toyota that the GR4 has front and rear Torsen differentials. I doubt that is anything like the rally version, which will have digitally controlled diffs, controlling the locking 100s of times a second, so it won't handle like the cars we've seen in the Monte Carlo and Swedish Rallies this year.
The 'Circuit Pack' option for £3.5K has LSD's (Torsen) at both ends, forged wheels, PS4s and a 'retuned suspension'. Of course it won't be the same as the WRC version, but the base model has open diffs without the other aforementioned extras. It won't handle the same as the rally cars as they'll have different suspension depending upon what stages they are facing of course. But it has LSD's so you have all the advantages of that as long as you spec it of course. All said and done there are no surprises here, but it is what the WRC car will be based on.

2013 GT86 White, Bespoke TEIN Street Flex EDFC Active Pro, fully poly bushed, SPA rear lower arms. Injen Induction, TD EL manifold, Milltek over pipe, decatted, TD resonated exhaust and decat pipe. AP 4-pots BBK. TE37's, mega sound system.
post #105 of 107 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 15:01 Thread Starter
GT86 Senior

Garage
Just had an e-mail from Toyota that the GR Yaris is going to be £269/month on 0% for 2 years. They're even offering zero deposit - obviously with higher monthlies. Orders have to be placed by the end of September.
Subota Boy and Kaviar like this.
post #106 of 107 (permalink) Old 6th July 2020, 21:40
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikyone View Post
Just had an e-mail from Toyota that the GR Yaris is going to be £269/month on 0% for 2 years. They're even offering zero deposit - obviously with higher monthlies. Orders have to be placed by the end of September.
Yep, nice surprise. Even over 3 or 4 years at 1.9%, it's still a really low interest rate. I thought about the two year 0%, but if I'm going to pay the rest off I'll bet I couldn't get a loan at 1.9% or less for the remainder. The good news it's cheaper than when I bought my GT86 some seven and a half years ago due to the much lower interest rate.
spikyone likes this.

2013 GT86 White, Bespoke TEIN Street Flex EDFC Active Pro, fully poly bushed, SPA rear lower arms. Injen Induction, TD EL manifold, Milltek over pipe, decatted, TD resonated exhaust and decat pipe. AP 4-pots BBK. TE37's, mega sound system.
post #107 of 107 (permalink) Old 7th July 2020, 10:44
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I thought about the two year 0%, but if I'm going to pay the rest off I'll bet I couldn't get a loan at 1.9% or less for the remainder.
Got decent LTV on the mortgage? Rates are better than that so that's where you could get the extra (not that I condone that kind of thing....). TBH, the 0% is a no-brainer IMO. Even a 1.9% interest rate over 4 years you're still got a GFV to pay off and you'll have spent thousands more for the privilege in the 1st place. At least with 0% you have time to save up for the GFV at no extra cost - it's not that high on the Yaris.

Kodename 47 DJ:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page