GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

What did you do to your GT86/BRZ/FRS today?

928K views 9K replies 473 participants last post by  amcluesent 
#1 ·
Seen this type of thread on many forums for many cars and thought it might be good to start it here. It could be anything from fitted new wheels to had it serviced or took it to a track day at...

I'll start - I ordered winter tyres for mine. Went with Nokian WRA3's in stock size as I ran these on my scirocco and found them to be excellent.

#2 ·
I attacked my car and ripped out the rear seats, interior door trims and boot trim to destroy the many rattles that plague the car, much of this is due to the silliness of having hard plastics touching metal, especially under the rear quarterlight windows...

I use self - adhesive Velco to cushion the contact areas...

It worked.

I now have a rattle-free car.

Reactions: TisCurt
#3 ·
DeaconRoc said:
Seen this type of thread on many forums for many cars and thought it might be good to start it here. It could be anything from fitted new wheels to had it serviced or took it to a track day at...

I'll start - I ordered winter tyres for mine. Went with Nokian WRA3's in stock size as I ran these on my scirocco and found them to be excellent.
excellent start Deacon. starting with what you did FOR your car, rather than TO it.

i meanwhile gingerly walked past it with my bike on its rear wheel trying not to hit the car with the pedal which was about 2 inches away from it. hashtag tight garage (or however you do that)

#4 ·
ob1kxb said:
excellent start Deacon. starting with what you did FOR your car, rather than TO it.

With people like you I always wonder whether they'd have the nerve to be this obnoxious face to face - I think not - so whydon'tyou crawl back under the rock you came from and stop being such a dick.

Sorry to have this thread off topic already but I can't stand keyboard warriors!

ob1kxb - it's you!

Edited by: DeaconRoc

#5 ·
Senna said:
I attacked my car and ripped out the rear seats, interior door trims and boot trim to destroy the many rattles that plague the car, much of this is due to the silliness of having hard plastics touching metal, especially under the rear quarterlight windows...

It worked.

Senna - are the door trims hard to get back on?

#6 ·
GT86Owner said:
Senna said:

It worked.

Senna - are the door trims hard to get back on?

No buddy, but you have to be sure to make certain the clips are pushed well into the housings before you attempt to put it back, otherwise they can pop out & you start to lose them as they drop to the bottom (inside) the car...lots of swearing begins then !

I did this...can you tell?

I am just starting a new thread on this with photos, - have a look...

Edited by: Senna

#9 ·
DeaconRoc said:
Two days for a bolt is shocking!
Tell me about it, I was hoping for "Here you go sir, we carry plenty of these in stock." Instead I had Mr un-exciting who looked at me and said "Saturday". Bloody Saxo, came home on Wednesday blowing a good-un. One of the 2 bolts that holds the manifold to the exhaust has sheared off it's head. She can have the GT for the day as I don't trust the remaining one holding up on it's own. One day of worry for me is better than paying for replacing the whole exhaust on her car

Anyway, back on topic.....

#10 ·
DeaconRoc said:
[With people like you I always wonder whether they'd have the nerve to be this obnoxious face to face - I think not - so whydon'tyou crawl back under the rock you came from and stop being such a dick.

ob1kxb - it's you!
first off: where the hell did you get that picture of me?????

second: you can't take a joke??? sure, i had a dig at you first, but did i not follow it up by a nice reply?
but if you feel truly offended, i am sorry. i never meant to actually hurt your feelings.

#12 ·
ob1kxb said:
DeaconRoc said:
[<span style="line-height: 1.4;">With people like you I always wonder whether they'd have the nerve to be this obnoxious face to face - I think not - so why </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">don't</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;"> you crawl back under the rock you came from and stop being such a dick.</span>

ob1kxb - it's you! 
first off: where the hell did you get that picture of me?????

second: you can't take a joke??? sure, i had a dig at you first, but did i not follow it up by a nice reply?
but if you feel truly offended, i am sorry. i never meant to actually hurt your feelings.
After the sarcastic comment you made on my wheel thread and then this one I guessed you had some sort of problem with me which seemed a bit unfounded as I've never even met you. So if I was being overly sensitive my apologies.

Anyway lets forget it and get it back on topic.

#13 ·
DeaconRoc said:
After the sarcastic comment you made on my wheel thread and then this one I guessed you had some sort of problem with me which seemed a bit unfounded as I've never even met you. So if I was being overly sensitive my apologies.

i had to look that one up again, as i didn't remember it. but you're absolutely right, that one was a bit mean and out of place. so my apologies for that one too. i do not have any issues with you and (hopefully) never will.

so let's get this train back on track now.
i'm just about to go out and stick a recording device to the car, have a little run around, see if the darn thing will stick (let's hope, it cost enough)

#17 ·
Tusker said:
ob1kxb said:
DeaconRoc said:
let's get this train back on track now.

I agree

Not today, did it last weekend and you may have already seen the photo in the JAE thread but I've got the Varis bonnet fitted

Looks good - are they functional vents or blanked off?

#18 ·
DeaconRoc said:
ob1kxb said:
i'm just about to go out and stick a recording device to the car, have a little run around, see if the darn thing will stick (let's hope, it cost enough)
Be interested to hear how you get on as I've been considering one too.
sorry to say it'll be for next time... plopped it onto the rear window, pressed the on-switch... and nothing... must have forgotten to turn it off after i was done playing with it at home
charging now

#19 ·
I replaced my little black on grey sticker by the VCS
SPORT button, with a red on black carbon effect one and put carbon effect stickers with the red GT86 logo on the back of my rear view mirror.Oh and Ialso confirmed the date next week that mycar is going in to get her stripes B-)
And........ got the confirmation for my new number plate and that my next gear knob is on it's way.

I think it's been quite a productive day :)

#21 ·
Today I opened up a case on Ebay for a seller sending me the wrong colour sharkfin ariel
lol.

Apparently I have to pay the return postage charges - to Taiwan. Lovely!!!

#23 ·
ob1kxb said:
sorry to say it'll be for next time... plopped it onto the rear window, pressed the on-switch... and nothing... must have forgotten to turn it off after i was done playing with it at home
charging now
to continue the saga: take 2 today. noticed that if i mount it where i mounted it first, i get a perfect look at myself in the rear view mirror, not so much the road. so mounting on the rear window is out. next up: windshield. once the car has been cleaned: moving to the outside

Edited by: ob1kxb