What did you do to your GT86/BRZ/FRS today? - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 583Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7489 (permalink) Old 5th September 2013, 21:59 Thread Starter
Expert

Seen this type of thread on many forums for many cars and thought it might be good to start it here. It could be anything from fitted new wheels to had it serviced or took it to a track day at...

I'll start - I ordered winter tyres for mine. Went with Nokian WRA3's in stock size as I ran these on my scirocco and found them to be excellent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7489 (permalink) Old 5th September 2013, 22:45
Lost Soul

I attacked my car and ripped out the rear seats, interior door trims and boot trim to destroy the many rattles that plague the car, much of this is due to the silliness of having hard plastics touching metal, especially under the rear quarterlight windows...

I use self - adhesive Velco to cushion the contact areas...

It worked.

I now have a rattle-free car.

Detailing guru...- Keep it clean, folks! Now a powerful Sith Lord after lusting for power & being seduced by the Dark Side (PORSCHE! ). Still a GT86 fan though...
post #3 of 7489 (permalink) Old 5th September 2013, 23:12
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconRoc
Seen this type of thread on many forums for many cars and thought it might be good to start it here. It could be anything from fitted new wheels to had it serviced or took it to a track day at...

I'll start - I ordered winter tyres for mine. Went with Nokian WRA3's in stock size as I ran these on my scirocco and found them to be excellent.
excellent start Deacon. starting with what you did FOR your car, rather than TO it.

i meanwhile gingerly walked past it with my bike on its rear wheel trying not to hit the car with the pedal which was about 2 inches away from it. hashtag tight garage (or however you do that)

GT Orange, MT, Satnav, Cloth, camera, mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7489 (permalink) Old 6th September 2013, 07:50 Thread Starter
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1kxb
excellent start Deacon. starting with what you did FOR your car, rather than TO it.

With people like you I always wonder whether they'd have the nerve to be this obnoxious face to face - I think not - so whydon'tyou crawl back under the rock you came from and stop being such a dick.

Sorry to have this thread off topic already but I can't stand keyboard warriors!

ob1kxb - it's you!

Edited by: DeaconRoc
post #5 of 7489 (permalink) Old 6th September 2013, 08:04
Ade
Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna
I attacked my car and ripped out the rear seats, interior door trims and boot trim to destroy the many rattles that plague the car, much of this is due to the silliness of having hard plastics touching metal, especially under the rear quarterlight windows...

It worked.

Senna - are the door trims hard to get back on?

Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
post #6 of 7489 (permalink) Old 6th September 2013, 08:17
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna

It worked.

Senna - are the door trims hard to get back on?

No buddy, but you have to be sure to make certain the clips are pushed well into the housings before you attempt to put it back, otherwise they can pop out & you start to lose them as they drop to the bottom (inside) the car...lots of swearing begins then !

I did this...can you tell?

I am just starting a new thread on this with photos, - have a look...

Edited by: Senna

Detailing guru...- Keep it clean, folks! Now a powerful Sith Lord after lusting for power & being seduced by the Dark Side (PORSCHE! ). Still a GT86 fan though...
post #7 of 7489 (permalink) Old 6th September 2013, 08:25
Administrator

Yesterday I flashed a new ECUtek map onto it....

Today the other half gets to drive it to work as her exhaust is about fall off. Citroen couldn't get me a bolt for 2 days I thought they'd be prepared for parts falling off by now

.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
post #8 of 7489 (permalink) Old 6th September 2013, 08:27 Thread Starter
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47
Yesterday I flashed a new ECUtek map onto it....

Today the other half gets to drive it to work as her exhaust is about fall off. Citroen couldn't get me a bolt for 2 days I thought they'd be prepared for parts falling off by now
Two days for a bolt is shocking!
post #9 of 7489 (permalink) Old 6th September 2013, 08:34
Administrator

Quote:
Two days for a bolt is shocking!
Tell me about it, I was hoping for "Here you go sir, we carry plenty of these in stock." Instead I had Mr un-exciting who looked at me and said "Saturday". Bloody Saxo, came home on Wednesday blowing a good-un. One of the 2 bolts that holds the manifold to the exhaust has sheared off it's head. She can have the GT for the day as I don't trust the remaining one holding up on it's own. One day of worry for me is better than paying for replacing the whole exhaust on her car

Anyway, back on topic.....

.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
post #10 of 7489 (permalink) Old 6th September 2013, 08:49
Expert

Quote:
[With people like you I always wonder whether they'd have the nerve to be this obnoxious face to face - I think not - so whydon'tyou crawl back under the rock you came from and stop being such a dick.

ob1kxb - it's you!

first off: where the **** did you get that picture of me?????

second: you can't take a joke??? sure, i had a dig at you first, but did i not follow it up by a nice reply?
but if you feel truly offended, i am sorry. i never meant to actually hurt your feelings.

GT Orange, MT, Satnav, Cloth, camera, mods

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page