Any time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 17:35

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkid View Post
Hi,

I wrote to Haynes Publishing and asked them when and if they will publish a GT86 Book. They told me that there need to be 100,000 purchase of the car before they wrote any book for any car.

So I guess we just have to wait and hope more people will buy either FRS, GT86 or BRZ.

I thought I just let you guys know in case you might also wanted to know if a Haynes book will ever come out for the GT86.
Is that 100,000 worldwide? And does it include BRZ and FRS? If so there may be a chance of that one day. As of 2013, according to this post (https://www.caradvice.com.au/245493/...-global-sales/) 70,000 had been sold back then worldwide.

In the mean time, as well as the workshop manual linked later in this thread, I have found the following useful:

1) https://cardiagn.com/toyota/toyota-gt86/
With this link you need to open up each section individually and then download it, at least that is true for my iPhone.
Whah I did notice, glancing at the few sections I downloaded earlier, what that they have a ‘Specifications’ section that appears to contain all the various torque settings across the car. One **** useful thing. And the other sections I looked at also looked very useful. Certainly better than anything I’ve seen to date.

2) https://uk.manual4you.com/search?q=Toyota+GT86
I have ordered the 2015 version from here. It was only £15.30 for my GTS after using discount code 10OFF
I have no idea how good it will be, though it advertises itself as a step by step guide for working on the car, so if it delivers that I will be very happy.

I have high performance brake pads, braided lines, master cylinder brace, bonnet gas struts, Tein Flex A coilovers and EDFC Active Pro Controller and motors to fit, plus a bunch of other goodies I also ordered from Fensport. Anything that helps me to fit all that, with specifics around torque settings, and any hints and tips for disassembly, will be very helpful.

Has anyone else used either of the links above? What did you think?

Septic

Last edited by Septic; 8th July 2019 at 17:39.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 29th August 2019, 20:46

Haynes Manual

Toyota have sold 40,000 in U.K. since 2013 so based on Toyota ceasing this model in next couple of years obviously not going to see the manual,as other people have mentioned they can bring out Starship Enterprise(which none were made)and other daft books yet not interested in a car that has sold over 40,000 in U.K. and a lot more then 100,000 worldwide,you would have thought they would sell more for the car then spaceships!!!
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 30th August 2019, 11:14
GT86 Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septic View Post
1) https://cardiagn.com/toyota/toyota-gt86/
With this link you need to open up each section individually and then download it,

How do you download it on a PC? It seems I can only view it in Firefox or Google Chrome or IE on a PC - can't find an option to download....if I select 'Save Target As' in IE I just get the html frame not the actual document.

14 GT86 Grey/MT/Black Alcantara/Nav/Mudflaps/OEM armrest/HKS Spec-L catback/TWS T66-F 18\"x8.0J et44/OEMAudio+CF400Reference/OEM DAB upgrade
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 30th August 2019, 16:05
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavis View Post
Toyota have sold 40,000 in U.K. since 2013 so based on Toyota ceasing this model in next couple of years obviously not going to see the manual,as other people have mentioned they can bring out Starship Enterprise(which none were made)and other daft books yet not interested in a car that has sold over 40,000 in U.K. and a lot more then 100,000 worldwide,you would have thought they would sell more for the car then spaceships!!!
They have sold nowhere near that figure. Way less than 10,000 since it was released over here including the BRZ.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 30th June 2020, 19:41

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigman View Post
How do you download it on a PC? It seems I can only view it in Firefox or Google Chrome or IE on a PC - can't find an option to download....if I select 'Save Target As' in IE I just get the html frame not the actual document.
Twigman, sorry for the delay in replying, I only just noticed your comment. I used Safari, on my MacBook, to open it up and didn't have any problems. Obviously not much help to you though, so if you're still trying to get hold of this please let me know and I'll sort out a Dropbox, or OneDrive share for you.

Septic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page