Need a test drive - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th January 2021, 18:34 Thread Starter

Need a test drive

Right, so Iím in a slight pickle here which I would love anyone to give me some advice on.
If you have seen my first post since joining here you will know that I am very much looking at getting a GT86 and joining you guys, however, I need to test drive one!

Now this is a problem for a multitude of reasons, these being - I canít seem to get a temporary insurance quote for it, another being that I am only 18 hence temporary insurance companies not wanting any of it, furthermore we are in the midst of a national lockdown where no dealerships will consider any sort of test drives. Iím stuck and Iím not sure what to do.

I live in the south east, just north east of London and if anyone has any help or advice they could give me it would be greatly received. I very much want to buy this car but I do have to test drive it beforehand. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11th January 2021, 07:59
GR Yaris.... Obvs

Garage
I think you'll have to wait until dealers can do test drives again and for lockdown to end. Technically you can't buy a car in lockdown anyway unless you do it online and don't have a test drive.

2020 Gazoo Racing Yaris. Pure white, Circuit Pack.

2013 GT86 White, Bespoke TEIN Street Flex EDFC Active Pro, fully poly bushed, SPA rear lower arms. Injen Induction, TD EL manifold, Milltek over pipe, decatted, TD resonated exhaust and decat pipe. AP 4-pots BBK. TE37's, mega sound system.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 14th January 2021, 19:48

If it's from a main dealer then i doubt they'll go against the "rules".
I've had 4 test drives in the last 2 weeks trying to find a car for my sister, all from independents. I guess it's all dependent on whether they want their business to survive or not.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page