Time for Tuning - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 08:22 Thread Starter

Time for Tuning

Hi guys,
Now that we are finally getting back to some level of ďnormalĒ itís time to get rid of the dreaded torque dip.
Iím down in Sussex so would appreciate recommendations on who I should be going to?
Thanks
Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 09:20
Expert

Garage
You're based in Sussex? Then there's only one answer...Abbey Motorsport in Oxted

They're pretty well renowned in this community, there's lots of owners here who have had their cars tuned and serviced by Mark and his team (myself included). If your aim is to get rid of the torque dip, then you're looking at probably a new exhaust manifold and a tune, but if you give Abbey a call they should be able to help you out.

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 09:31

Just a note: as a lot of people (including myself!) are in the "getting back to normal, time to do something with the car!" phase, Abbey are extremely busy right now. (Likely all the good places are).

So, allow for that with your time frame expectations.

Mark @ Abbey has been very helpful (and very patient!) with me, so I'm very much looking forward to getting over there in the not too distant future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 11:00

I went down to Abbey last week (had to wait 3 weeks to get a slot) and they might be even busier now, so I agree with cliddell here to factor that in.

I had the Ace CS400 header fitter and a re-map to try and eliminate the torque dip - Here is a print out of the Dyno if it helps set some expectations - Obviously you could you own bits like a aftermarket exhaust or a HFC in the 2nd cat but it gets tricky with emissions and MOT then - I'm running this header with the exhaust as stock currently - Now get a very smooth acceleration through the RPM range and as you can see an addition 19/20HP at the top end.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5693.jpg (146.3 KB, 38 views)
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 14:48
GT86 Senior

Garage
I'm booked in with Abbey for early August - although they are ordering quite a few parts for me, and it'll be in for a week. First time I've dealt with them, and both Mark and Scott have been very helpful and friendly so far. Good communications and they've certainly been putting in the effort.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 4th July 2020, 06:57
BRZ
GT86 Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikyone View Post
I'm booked in with Abbey for early August - although they are ordering quite a few parts for me, and it'll be in for a week. First time I've dealt with them, and both Mark and Scott have been very helpful and friendly so far. Good communications and they've certainly been putting in the effort.
Going boosted :-) ?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 4th July 2020, 10:22
Groupie

Garage
I'm in Sussex too and I made the long drive to Tuning Developments in order to get their NA package fitted a couple of years ago. OK It's a long day (550 ish mile round trip from memory, they're in Warrington, Cheshire) but well worth it, I would certainly give Mike at TD a ring, they are very well respected and experts at getting the most out of the GT86 engine.

White GT86 Aero
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 4th July 2020, 11:41 Thread Starter

Much appreciated guys!👍
Iím assuming to remove the dip I should be going for UEL rather than EL as Iím not tracking so donít need the top end?
Thanks again.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 4th July 2020, 12:56
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano64 View Post
Much appreciated guys!👍
Iím assuming to remove the dip I should be going for UEL rather than EL as Iím not tracking so donít need the top end?
Thanks again.
A decent EL will remove the dip as much as a UEL. Big thing is you want a longtube header - so Rogue Motorsport, Tuning Developments or Ace are your options.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 4th July 2020, 14:00
GT86 Senior

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ View Post
Going boosted :-) ?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Harrop me up, baby.

I have a set of KW V3s, Reyland BBK, oil cooler and sump baffle in my garage that are being fitted too. I'm also replacing my Tuning Developments resonated cat back with the HKS Spec L to try and bring the noise down a bit. And Mark recommended a 16mm rear ARB and front bushes, and the Ecutek Connect Bluetooth setup.

I should be getting it back the day before my birthday - that'll be a present!
cliddell, BRZ and Hatchi like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page