Styling Upgrades... - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 7th May 2020, 11:46 Thread Starter

Styling Upgrades...

Hi guys,

I've been looking at getting some styling upgrades done on my 14 plate GT86 recently and was after a few bits of advice...

I'd love to go down the TRD route for Front splitter and Side Skirts but with a budget that involves a new manifold at somepoint I'm trying to keep the cost down a little.

Been looking at the front splitter and side skirts from Maxton Design and wondered if anyone had experience with these i.e whats the quality like and the easy of install?

I'm also looking to get a SARD LSR Wing (I think they look amazing) - However, only one I can see thats available is from the ft86speedfactory and being based in the UK wondered about shipping costs etc. Anyone know of a decent place to grab one from?

With that, I'd also have to remove the current OEM spoiler thats on there and wondered if anyone had experience in being able to remove successfully or if it's one best left to a garage to sort?

Any thoughts/opinions welcome

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 7th May 2020, 16:04
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufcr1 View Post
Hi guys,

I've been looking at getting some styling upgrades done on my 14 plate GT86 recently and was after a few bits of advice...

I'd love to go down the TRD route for Front splitter and Side Skirts but with a budget that involves a new manifold at somepoint I'm trying to keep the cost down a little.

Been looking at the front splitter and side skirts from Maxton Design and wondered if anyone had experience with these i.e whats the quality like and the easy of install?

I'm also looking to get a SARD LSR Wing (I think they look amazing) - However, only one I can see thats available is from the ft86speedfactory and being based in the UK wondered about shipping costs etc. Anyone know of a decent place to grab one from?

With that, I'd also have to remove the current OEM spoiler thats on there and wondered if anyone had experience in being able to remove successfully or if it's one best left to a garage to sort?

Any thoughts/opinions welcome

Cheers
Hi nufcr1

Regarding the SARD LSR wing, you need to pop about 9-10 clips from the bootlid to remove the OEM spoiler and then you'll need to either find some bungs/grommets to cover up the holes or leave it to a competent bodyshop. I chose the latter and you can see it can be quite a fiddly job if you're not prepared.

Page 66: https://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/for...e-86-a-66.html

Kesler
GT86 & BRZ Owners Club Moderator

Instagram: @keyfobandgob
Facebook: @keyfobandgob
www.keyfobandgob.com
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 7th May 2020, 16:50
Groupie

I think the Maxton side slits are out of stock ATM? They are taking orders but the estimated delivery time in eBay is massive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 7th May 2020, 18:29

The maxton splitter looks great visually but is not functional. It attaches easy enough with 12 or so nuts and bolts but they are tiny, like m4 or something. The support rods are tiny too. All depends if you are after looks or functionality.

Iím replacing mine in favour of a verus one.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 9th May 2020, 09:51 Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up Kesler- Looks like something better handled by a bodyshop- Where did you source your wing from out of interest?

Kavier- Yeah saw there was quite a bit of a wait but Iím hoping something that will be a bit quicker once restrictions are lifted and huge rush at this point, got a bit of time to plan this one in

Appreciate the feedback.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 9th May 2020, 11:25

In my experience most aftermarket stuff is rubbish
Oem is more expensive for a reason,it fits
Also the trd stuff is painted in perfect matched oem paint.

You get what you pay for
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10th May 2020, 13:11
GT86 Senior

Yep, the TRD stuff is usually higher quality and fits the car better.

Don't stick tat on it. The car will be difficult to sell if it doesn't look OEM.
tubbytommy likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10th May 2020, 14:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Yep, the TRD stuff is usually higher quality and fits the car better.

Don't stick tat on it. The car will be difficult to sell if it doesn't look OEM.
There is some shocking tat available.
The ht autos front splitter is one that amuses me.
Looks terrible and doesn't fit the cars styling at all.

Its a case of I must buy something to customise my car
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11th May 2020, 19:46 Thread Starter

All fair points - I wouldn't want to add these things for the sake of it so, it's useful to get some feedback on what works and what doesn't before parting with funds.

I'm still keen to find a decent place to source the SARD LSR wing though if anyone knows a decent supplier?

I'f not, I'm going to be starting with my manifold upgrade instead!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 16th May 2020, 16:40
Expert

Garage
I'm OK with the HT Autos splitter and side skirts! Also IMHO body-colour BRZ-style fender inserts are much nicer, also body-colour TRD style wing. NB don't bother with TRD flare extensions!

martinwood333 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page