Interior Options with Order Trim Codes - Page 2 - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 19th July 2014, 09:28

Anyone got a picture yet of the custom with red inserts. Saw another post where this was complimented.

GavinC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 19th July 2014, 10:18
Expert

Haven't seen that combo but IMO it would be like Bentley (seats) meeting Halfords (red inserts).

Red Auto with black leather.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th July 2014, 09:36
Groupie

This is very handy to know whatthat the black leather/alcantarawill look like since the dealer didn't have one and I don't have my car yet! Haha.
One question I do have though is whether the heated seats come standard with the leather/alcantara or just the custom leather? I only ask because after I'd made my choice the salesman tried to get me to buy the heated seats separately but I was pretty sure they come as standard when you pay for the more expensive seat option?
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th July 2014, 10:00
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanABZ

This is very handy to know what¬*that the black leather/alcantara¬*will look like since the dealer didn't have one and I don't have my car yet! Haha.
One question I do have though is whether the heated seats come standard with the leather/alcantara or just the custom leather? I only ask because after I'd made my choice the salesman tried to get me to buy the heated seats separately but I was pretty sure they come as standard when you pay for the more expensive seat option?¬*
Dan
Anything but the cloth seats come heated.

.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th July 2014, 10:03
Groupie

Awesome, thanks very much for the info!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 27th July 2014, 12:30
Groupie

when mine arrives in September i'll put a picture up of the custom leather with red inserts. didn't really want the red inserts but it was that or wait til November for black inserts, screw that. i'll try and find somebody that wants to swap their black for my red, or failing that just buy the relevant black parts.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 28th July 2014, 01:13
Groupie

Yeh the red inserts look tacky as ****, halfords ripspeed comes to mind! I don't mind a bit of colour in an interior like red seats but do me a favour!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 21st July 2016, 10:57

I ordered the custom leather and DID NOT want the red inserts one bit but found they were on the car when I collected (the car was already built but they never mentioned it). They do look pretty horrendous. Am trying to get it changed now but the dealer tried to claim it was standard with the seats - I think not
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 16th April 2017, 11:42
cts
Groupie

A useful thread - thanks all. Can anyone explain the interior (here) that I've seen on a '14 plate that I took a look at? It's leather but plain, no stitching - was that an option? Also, very minimal, but still some red. The owner mentioned the car started life at the dealership inside the showroom.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 16th May 2017, 00:46
cts
Groupie

Just to update this, I've verified from the previous owner (and now "My Toyota" online) that the car started with the red interior on the gear knob, handbrake and steering wheel as well. As it was a car in the showroom part of the condition of the sale, as the original owner thought all the red was a bit much, was to swap the steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake to the black options (but left the door handles). I still haven't seen any others with the plain looking leather seats - maybe just not that common(?)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page