Gt86 trd - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st January 2017, 11:05 Thread Starter

Dear all,still having problems with my gt86.Steering is non existent at certain speeds.Warranty are fitting new ECU/other parts and I will let everybody know what transpires.Note:Never had a warning light come on with STEERING/FAULT.
N/s window partially seizes.Rear lights misting.Noise from engine when starting from cold//poss.Top end/hydraulic tappets?.Brakes graunc/squeel, especially when cold.Wheel caps faded/loss of TRD chrome.Strange tyre wear on front tyres.11,000
Miles and virtually m.o.t. fail.
Apart from that,and chronic road/cabin noise vehicle is ok.

Now if you think I am being a general moaner,I would point out I have worked for Toyota for over 25 years and had ra28 celica/st162 celica/st202celica/vvti 140 celica.All been brilliant/cheap to run/good build quality etc.etc.What has gone wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st January 2017, 12:57
Super Moderator

Hope you get it all sorted,let us know what the outcome is! The problem may be the Subaru side of the partnership
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st January 2017, 13:23
Groupie

Just FYI, my TRD centre caps have all lost some chrome. I'm also looking at getting them fixed under warranty, alongside the leather on my driver seat bolster. Have yet to see a TRD without the centre cap issue. Mines only a 2014 with 12k miles, so similar to yours. Shouldn't be going wrong this early.

Keep me posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st January 2017, 16:00
GT86 Senior

I also have a noise off the breaks when cold, my MR2 roadster did the same thought worse. Has anyone had this fixed under warranty?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page