New GT86 drive the deal - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st July 2016, 22:38 Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I am so excited as I put the deposit down on my new GT86 yesterday. I went through drive the deal who had the best price I could find.

As the new shape is coming out they're not making many new ones but lukily mine is already waiting for me:

Red GT86 DS-4
Full leather with red stitching
Spoiler

I'm hoping to get the centre arm rest as well and will try and get a deal if I can. Apparently the deal I got expired yesterday but it seems to still be that price but it was the push I needed to order it.

Deposit is paid so I'm waiting to receive the finance paperwork now.

I'm a bit worried as I'm self employed and only been going 2 years. If I do get declined can I have a guarantor?

Collection is 2-3 weeks. So excited.

I'm dealing with Dan at Swindon Fish Bros. has anyone used them?

Excited to receive the car and join you all at last. I've wanted one since they came out and finally got there. It should arrive just before my 22nd birthday as well so what a nice present to myself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st July 2016, 22:43
Expert

I wouldn't worry too much about Toyota Finance... I found out later after being declined for a credit card that a Wonga loan had been conveniently placed on my credit file as unpaid for 6 months (no letters?) and my finance went through with a rather large outstanding default still on the account. Deals can always be had but going through a broker is certainly the most painless way of buying a car. Make sure it has car mats fitted as that's a good dealer excuse for an extra £60 when you pick the car up, the car comes with the mats!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st July 2016, 23:41
Groupie

Toyota finance is a breeze if your credit score is okay. They didn't even want to know my salary when I got finance approved...

Bought my Yaris through drive the deal. Was very impressed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2016, 00:20 Thread Starter

Credit score is 999 so fingers crossed! Didn't ask for my salary yet.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2016, 00:25
Groupie

Should be fine then.

When I filled out all my paperwork they scrubbed out the salary bit and said it wasn't needed... Only done on credit score. Should be sorted. They're usually quick at turning round a decision.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2016, 08:41
GT86 Senior

Got my gt86 though Sam at swindon fish Bros. All went down well. Mats are listed as standard equipment for the 86, mine were missing on a used car till I went back, they agreed it's standard equipment and gave me a new set.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2016, 13:27 Thread Starter

That's great. Salary hopefully wouldn't be a problem but I know self employed can be considered high risk. Fingers crossed it all goes through quickly!

What spec are your 86s?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2016, 17:20
Groupie

Mines just standard with parking sensor and the upgraded jbl stereo....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th July 2016, 10:02
GT86 Senior

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan82
Got my gt86 though Sam at swindon fish Bros. All went down well. Mats are listed as standard equipment for the 86, mine were missing on a used car till I went back, they agreed it's standard equipment and gave me a new set.

As did I - am I right in thinking yours has a supercharger and that you got it around this time last year? I guess it would've been you that Sam mentioned in conversation.

@sophs113,
My experience of Fish Brothers has been pretty good, friendly and helpful. I had a 4-month wait that was outside Fish Brothers' control (my car was built to order), they were pretty good at keeping me updated. I've had no reason to go back to them yet, although I've used Fish Brothers Peugeot in the past and they were always pretty good.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page