GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

New 86 Owner

958 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tony H 
#1 ·
Hello all.

After dreaming about the GT86 for the past six years I finally picked one up last week.

I've had lots of cars over the years but this is the first time I've spent what I would call "real money" on a nice car and I am absolutely overjoyed.

The way the car feels even just cruising through town at 30mph puts a smile on my face. I live in a rural area and this car feels like it was made for my local roads. I'm reminding myself to not become overconfident but I feel like I've been driving this car for years (well, I've put 184 hours into Assetto Corsa, mostly driving 86s).

It's a 2016 model in red with the red leather wheel, handbrake and gear knob options.

The car is totally stock with 39k miles, one previous owner and full Toyota service history.

My intention for now is to keep it stock but will be adding OEM mudflaps because I live in tractor land and swap the gearknob for a TRD one as the leather's worn and it's kind of... sticky after a bit of use. I'll post pictures at some point.

This car is everything I wanted it to be and more, and I'm proud to finally be part of the 86 club :)

Cheers
Bob

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome Bob! Glad you are so pleased with your car. Many smiles per mile!

#6 ·
I've found mine quite enough fun unmodded for four years, apart from a throttle pedal cover, rubber mats and de-badging, that is. Oh, and brighter LED reversing lights. A dash-cam and phone (for Google Maps) holder and USB supply I don't count as modding - I'd put those on any car I owned (and the rubber mats, I guess).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.