New Member/ Owner of Burnt Orange GT86 - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By TriggeredRabbit

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 22:07 Thread Starter

Garage
New Member/ Owner of Burnt Orange GT86

Hi All,

Bought my GT86 over the weekend and today is the first day I've not been out in it. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work just so I get to drive it over to Liverpool everyday. The colour just matches me perfectly.

Been waiting to buy ones of these for like 4 years since sitting in a Auto one at Fords of Winsford and finally got my own.

Surprised the **** out of my friends as they thought I would just turn up in a Volkswagon Scirocco one day.

Got the car as is. Obviously the previous owner loved it as much as I do now.

Although, I'm not sure to what extent the previous owner has modified it. Obviously the decals and the different wing.
TIEN Suspension all round, pretty sure some aftermarket brakes and some type of exhaust on it with heat shielding in the back as she sounds brillant.
Also has a drivers full race harness for use on track day (I'm sure shes seen one or two)

My only concern is I don't really know what else I can do to it.

Look forward to meeting some of you at some meets,

TriggeredRabbit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200905_174508.jpg (222.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200905_174452.jpg (260.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200906_192242.jpg (241.0 KB, 44 views)
martinwood333 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 22:47

Hey! Welcome to the forum (feels weird saying given I've only been here like a week haha), always had a soft spot for that colour. The first few gt86's I seen in person were that colour.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th September 2020, 23:39 Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, its a really nice colour. Fits my beard colour really well so Ill always match my car

I'm still not totally sure about the grey all in all. (The big triangle on the side is like 50/50 for me) But the colour of the grey in person fits so well. Its more Slate than the matt grey in the pictures.

But the previous owner did some really nice accents like the wheel nuts and the interior mouldings being dipped in the same burnt orange colour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 9th September 2020, 07:09
Super Moderator

Welcome to the club TriggeredRabbit! The rear lights aren't OEM either or the wheels. Enjoy the ginger ness!!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 9th September 2020, 14:14
Expert

Garage
Welcome TriggeredRabbit.

If you find the previous owner was a lady named Debbie, then I can confirm that to be a well looked after car. It used to have a personal plate on it.

Enjoy!!

Black GT86 owned 7+ years and modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map. Also, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler, shark fin, Intec brake light, Valentis.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 9th September 2020, 16:03
Expert

Looks like Debbie's car, always turned up to meets and track looking clean and the mechanical mods done are some of the preferred aftermarket parts so it's a really good find for a pre-modded car. Think it was traded in for another facelift GT86.

Cosworth Stage 1.3
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th September 2020, 14:21
Expert

Garage
Yes, Debbie's. She now has a 2020 Club Edition blue series.

Black GT86 owned 7+ years and modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map. Also, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler, shark fin, Intec brake light, Valentis.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page