Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
ADRIAN FLUX INSURANCE
I thought I'd add another insurer here as they have been completely fantastic anmd I can't praie their customer service enough. That's before we get to the policy and other bits'n'bobs.
I currently have my GTS86 on its way here via ship from Australia which will be due to dock around the 17 May.
I have managed to find a company to organise the IVA certification, including an MOT (car is just over the 3 years threshold) and also pop 12 months RFT on it.
I had been searching for an insurer that would meet my needs considering that:
- I'm 49 and have lived in Australia for the past 14 years, only returning for good in March this year
- I have no no claims bonus (my Aus insurer - YOUI - didn't use them as it worked out your premium each year based on individual circumstances)
- The car isn't in the country yet and hasn't been registered etc.
- I has a small accident a couple of years ago, dodging a kangaroo at night (yes really!!) meaning I hit a couple of plastic butr fairly solid laneway markers doing around £2,500 damage to the front of the car
- I want an agreed value in the event of a total loss so I can at least get close to buying a like for like replacement (I keep my car pristeen and bought it fromn new with every optiional extra available)
- I want to shortly fit a stage 2 Cosworth Supercharger Kit through Fensport and need the policy to cope with this, including a raise to the agreed value.
I tried AIB and they came in at what I considered to be an excessive premium (especially when limited to 5,000 miles a year), with large excesses, and a 20% uplift once the mods were fitted. The deal-breaker for me was that they would not give me any agreed value on the car at all.
Now with Adrian Flux,
- they came in with a fully comprehensive quote £100 less than AIB (with up to 7,500 miles a year included), with A £500 ecess (£100 on windscreen replacement, no excess on chips)
- they were happy to insure the vehicle based on chassis number while I wait for UK registration
- once modified they'll only charge a 15% uplift on the premium
- They have added an agreed value on the car of £20,000 for a £65 fee, which will be increased by the full price of the modifications when made without paying another fee
- they include 3rd party insurance on any other vehicle I drive (for an extra £20 this could have been full comp but I rarely ever drive any other cars)
- they offered a comprehensive breakdown recovery option (which I took), including up to 30 days European use, for £56
- they also offered an Excess Protection policy for £40 (which I also took) which in the case of a claim where I use my excess I can claim 75% (I think) back as a refund.
All in all I was very very impressed with their speed of obtaining me a quote, given my unusual circumstances, and with the quote in general.
I dont know if anyone else has had experience using them, however I am a very happ camper, having to start rebuilding a no-claims bonus history, and having a limited income.