ADRIAN FLUX INSURANCE - Toyota GT 86 Forums UK

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 27th April 2018, 11:37 Thread Starter

Garage
Hi all,

ADRIAN FLUX INSURANCE

I thought I'd add another insurer here as they have been completely fantastic anmd I can't praie their customer service enough. That's before we get to the policy and other bits'n'bobs.

I currently have my GTS86 on its way here via ship from Australia which will be due to dock around the 17 May.

I have managed to find a company to organise the IVA certification, including an MOT (car is just over the 3 years threshold) and also pop 12 months RFT on it.

I had been searching for an insurer that would meet my needs considering that:
- I'm 49 and have lived in Australia for the past 14 years, only returning for good in March this year
- I have no no claims bonus (my Aus insurer - YOUI - didn't use them as it worked out your premium each year based on individual circumstances)
- The car isn't in the country yet and hasn't been registered etc.
- I has a small accident a couple of years ago, dodging a kangaroo at night (yes really!!) meaning I hit a couple of plastic butr fairly solid laneway markers doing around 2,500 damage to the front of the car
- I want an agreed value in the event of a total loss so I can at least get close to buying a like for like replacement (I keep my car pristeen and bought it fromn new with every optiional extra available)
- I want to shortly fit a stage 2 Cosworth Supercharger Kit through Fensport and need the policy to cope with this, including a raise to the agreed value.

I tried AIB and they came in at what I considered to be an excessive premium (especially when limited to 5,000 miles a year), with large excesses, and a 20% uplift once the mods were fitted. The deal-breaker for me was that they would not give me any agreed value on the car at all.

Now with Adrian Flux,
- they came in with a fully comprehensive quote 100 less than AIB (with up to 7,500 miles a year included), with A 500 ecess (100 on windscreen replacement, no excess on chips)
- they were happy to insure the vehicle based on chassis number while I wait for UK registration
- once modified they'll only charge a 15% uplift on the premium
- They have added an agreed value on the car of 20,000 for a 65 fee, which will be increased by the full price of the modifications when made without paying another fee
- they include 3rd party insurance on any other vehicle I drive (for an extra 20 this could have been full comp but I rarely ever drive any other cars)
- they offered a comprehensive breakdown recovery option (which I took), including up to 30 days European use, for 56
- they also offered an Excess Protection policy for 40 (which I also took) which in the case of a claim where I use my excess I can claim 75% (I think) back as a refund.

All in all I was very very impressed with their speed of obtaining me a quote, given my unusual circumstances, and with the quote in general.

I dont know if anyone else has had experience using them, however I am a very happ camper, having to start rebuilding a no-claims bonus history, and having a limited income.

Regards,

Septic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 27th April 2018, 12:26

I agree, they worked very hard with me on renewal to beat some other quotes I'd been given which had beaten their original renewal quote by a fair margin. Even after I messed up a bit by agreeing to one of the other policies without having spoken to Adrian Flux again because I didn't think there was any way they would beat it . They then dropped it further still to cover the "policy setup fee" I had already paid with the other option. They did this without questioning the authenticity of the quotes I was giving them (other insurers were saying they couldn't offer to beat without proof of the other quote... yes of course I understand why but either you can beat it or you can't).

Also great choice on the Cosworth supercharger you won't regret it

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 27th April 2018, 13:58 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH
I agree, they worked very hard with me on renewal to beat some other quotes I'd been given which had beaten their original renewal quote by a fair margin. Even after I messed up a bit by agreeing to one of the other policies without having spoken to Adrian Flux again because I didn't think there was any way they would beat it . They then dropped it further still to cover the "policy setup fee" I had already paid with the other option. They did this without questioning the authenticity of the quotes I was giving them (other insurers were saying they couldn't offer to beat without proof of the other quote... yes of course I understand why but either you can beat it or you can't).

Also great choice on the Cosworth supercharger you won't regret it*
I’m glad I’m not the only one to have discovered them. I’m really looking forward to seeing some Cosworth S/Cs at Japfest and getting the chance to ask the owners what their experiences on ordering, getting them fitted and performance are like. Especially with regards to to the particular exhaust systems setup.
Look forward to seeing everyone there there going. I’m lucky to have a mate in the club already who took care of all the bookings before arrived in country so we’ve got a club stand spot.
Just wish my car had made it over in time but have another month or so to wait for that. I miss driving it SO MUCH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th April 2018, 12:19

Would imagine you've seen already but this thread is a great source of info

https://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/foru...opic10709.html
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th April 2018, 20:26 Thread Starter

Garage
I hadn’t seen it. Thank you for the link. It is most informative
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th January 2019, 12:26

Spent around 30 minutes on the phone to them last night, mentioned the forum, they still came out almost twice what I was previously quoted (323). Over 500!! 37 year old with no convictions, no claims, previous rwd experience, car kept on the drive and held a full license since 1999 and an estimated annual mileage of only 12k.... seems pricey!

If you can't race it or take it to bed it aint worth having!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th January 2019, 17:20

I'm 38, no claims in 18 years, no points, protected no claims. Parked off the road, but live in a part of Lincolnshire that's usually on fire.
325 with Hastings.

An old silver Toyota. Valenti rear lights, Milltek cat back, Tein Flex Z coilovers.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th January 2019, 08:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincsiain View Post
I'm 38, no claims in 18 years, no points, protected no claims. Parked off the road, but live in a part of Lincolnshire that's usually on fire.
325 with Hastings.

Hastings were the cheapest for me so far as well coming in at 323. Only real difference is I live in a sleepy little town in Northern Ireland where nothing ever happens lol

If you can't race it or take it to bed it aint worth having!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page