FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Will300 First Mod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Will300 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will300 First Mod
    Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:15pm
Hello everyone 

No doubt this will be a rarely updated thread by myself, however today I have got my first mod fitted to the BRZ.

Trying to decide on the first mod for the BRZ was a tough one (ignoring the radio), In the end I decide to replace the standard wing on the BRZ. Due to the fact I despise the standard one, as the looks don't match the lines of the car. Ultimately I would have chosen the aero kit wing but as they are only available on new cars in the EU it would be near impossible to get one. So I settled for the next best thing, a TRD rear spoiler.

So this evening after waiting over a month for the new wing to be delivered, I collected my car from the painters Big smile

I'm a very happy bunny right now. Pictures below.

Will

Sponsored Links

riceburner View Drop Down
Trader
Trader

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riceburner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:22pm
Nice one Will looks great!
RedGT86 Aero
Blitz Intake,AVO CAT Back Exhaust,Blitz Diffuser 2nd CAT delete
Tusker View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:40pm
Looks good Will, anybody know now it compares to the standard spoiler/wing, was reading a post the other day that said the 86 wing helped with drag.
Kodename47 View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodename47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 7:21am
BRZ with TRD parts

Looks good though.
* Stealth 86 *
Abbey Motorsport Sprintex Supercharged
Litchfield Springs & Geo Setup / CF Cusco OS Brace
Keeping Pitman and Subota Boy banned since 2013
mark-in-stoke View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 8:41am
looking good there!, is there a rubber seal between the spoiler and the boot lid and if so what colour is it?
the reason why i'm asking is because I've only seen the gray coloured seals and yours look black.

Cheers Mark
Stu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Ameribanned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 8:46am
You get both a black and grey seal in the box.

Lots of GT86 Parts & Modifications FOR SALE HERE. PM ME FOR INFO ON CAR OR PARTS.
Aemskelley View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemskelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 9:35am
Looks fantastic dude!

This will be on my future mods list along with the rear diffuser - should really finish off the back end of the car :)
Senna View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:23am
Hmmm, it's a smashing looking car mate, but I remain unconvinced by the TRD spoiler, - it's draggy and seems odd being narrower than the bootlid... That looks wrong somehow, - why isn't it flush with the boot sides? Confused

All that said though, it does seem to suit the BRZ better than the GT86 somehow...

And how come this spoiler doesn't come on the TRD version of the car, - it makes no sense to me. Ouch 

Detailing fanatic, Ron Dennis - type OCD perfectionist, God of the Velcro Kingdom!
mark-in-stoke View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 7:21pm
Hi Will, where did you get it from and how much please? I'm getting one from RRG but will have to ask Rich about the seals as he seems to think it might have only come with grey.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic