FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

What did you do to your GT86/BRZ/FRS today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 626627628629>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Stealther View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stealther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:30pm
Today I had installed the following:
New pioneer head unit with apple car play
Reversing camera
JL audio subwoofer with amp in boot.
Bass filter on fronts.

Very pleased with the sound improvements subwoofer is dialled right down at the moment as the brake light and rear view mirror was shaking like hell. Need to look into some options for reducing this so I can dial it up again. Had some focals for the front planned as well but it sounds so awesome now. I probably won’t bother.
Sponsored Links

Cenedd View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 1:19pm
Check whether your Pioneer head unit starts up reliably as some have an issue where with the timing of the push-button start, they stay off for a minute or so....which gets old really fast. And Pioneer are no help.

Brake light: remove it. Problem solved!
Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:12am

Applied 2 coats of Poorboys wheel sealant after a good clean.  Really smooth finish, to hopefully reduce the brake dust sticking!

Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler and Valenti rear lights.
Loisaida View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loisaida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:24pm
Good sharp finish there I am impressed. I do like Poorboy's.
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Loisaida Loisaida wrote:

Good sharp finish there I am impressed. I do like Poorboy's.

Thanks Diane.  Used a lot of their stuff over the years, but never this product.  We shall see how it stands up!  Smile
Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler and Valenti rear lights.
Enut View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:49pm
Lovely finish, although if I got my wheels that clean I wouldn't want to drive the car!
White GT86 Aero
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Enut Enut wrote:

Lovely finish, although if I got my wheels that clean I wouldn't want to drive the car!

Thanks Paul.  Not a problem! Gotta get some brake dust on there now to see how well the sealant works.  Wink
Milk View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Subota Boy Subota Boy wrote:

Applied 2 coats of Poorboys wheel sealant after a good clean.  Really smooth finish, to hopefully reduce the brake dust sticking!

Painfully jealous of your wheel/brake combo! Looks fantastic.
Enut View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:44am
Well not me but my other half decided to test the GT86's key fob by putting it through the washing machine whilst in my shorts pocket.

Note to all, if you do this then DON'T press any buttons but put the key in the sun (or airing cupboard in winter) for 8 hours, after a thorough drying out mine still works perfectly.
White GT86 Aero
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:44am
Thank you Milk!  Took months to decide on the wheels, and 20 minutes to decide on the brakes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 626627628629>
  Share Topic