FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Wareham's Finest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GT86_WRM View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT86_WRM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wareham's Finest
    Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:04pm
ELLO! 
Decided to make a little thread for my 86 showing you what i'm doing and a general build progress.
I no longer have to Daily my GT86 so shes going to last a lot longer! With less than 40k miles on the clock this has made me a very happy man. 

Ive been very busy recently with my baby. First up I did some repair on some paintwork and bodywork damage. Still more to be done but its a start.

Body Repair

So some sanding was needed on the original damage

Now a stupid amount of filler is required for some reason i thought this was okay

Masking of the bodywork and some sanding needed on the filler 

Hmm think i needed more sanding because that looks terrible...

Better sanded now..

Ahh much better first coat dried .... MORE COATS

Some more coats later its looks much better than it was... 

Slightly patchy but 100 times better and after a complete car clean its not very visible at all. This was my first ever attempt at anything like this so im rather proud. Planning on doing the whole rear and front bumper soon to cover all chips and make everything even.

I am no way a professional and I don't work on anything like this for work (I work in IT) so I am rather proud of the work. While doing this i also done under the rear right light drivers door and around the fuel cap. All needed some TLC and touch up and its looking much much better!

Disks and pads
Not picture yet but I have just put new disks and pads all round with a clean air filter and painted my calipers bright red. Think it looks stunning. 

Strut

Pre installation as I know you all know what this looks like :) (needs a clean in here)

Fitted nice and snug. I think it gives the engine bay a nice little JDM touch! Noticed slight difference in handling which is always a good thing!

NEW EXHAUST!

Big news! My new exhaust turned up this week ready to fit this weekend complete with a Decat pipe for the 2nd catalytic converter. 

Here it is (image pulled from google as i dont have any YET) 
Invidia N1 exhaust with Blue tips! Im super excited to get this on and some sound tests!

I will upload all pictures or videos I get over the weekend for all of you! 

Keep your eyes peeled! Wink

[FD62 ***]
GT86/ Metalic Grey 61K
Instagram @GT86_WRM
Sponsored Links

Erazerrain View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erazerrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 2:27pm
Glad to see the brace getting used.
GT86_WRM View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT86_WRM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 2:44pm
I think its a great addition to the car! Thank you!
[FD62 ***]
GT86/ Metalic Grey 61K
Instagram @GT86_WRM
Tony H View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 10:14pm
So is your paint code 61K (Dark Grey) or D4S Crystal Black Silica (like mine)?

Whichever, your repair seems to be pretty invisible (unlike repairs to Pearl White, for example, even when done by professionals).

My interest: I'm thinking of filling in the hollow where I've removed the Toyota logo from the front bumper - looks like I might get away with doing it myself...
GT86_WRM View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT86_WRM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:37am
Unsure which mine is off the top of my head but its a good match. The main thing that makes mine stand out is the clear coat i put on... There is something dodgy with my rear bumper anyway... In the fact that the underside and behind the rear wheels you can see red?? I assume my rear was damaged before and cheaply repaired but in terms of a DIY job for repair the colour matching is the best bit by far.

[FD62 ***]
GT86/ Metalic Grey 61K
Instagram @GT86_WRM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic