FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Vin's 86 TRD (to be .. )

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
MattGT View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 4:17pm
Looks great mate, I really enjoyed reading your thread. What offset are your team dynamics? They fill the arches perfectly. I have Gruppe-S  header, can't wait to fit mine its definitely one of the best sounding UEL headers, I find some of the others sound very harsh. Good choice with the Joying headunit, I really rate mine, you can't beat them in terms of value for money. I opted for the smaller display though, simply because it fits perfectly (even better than the stock unit), no need for the Facia plates.

Sponsored Links

Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:25pm
Thanks, the wheels are 18x8 et35 with 225/40 front and 235/40 rear (Michelin Pilot Sports 4), I actually added a little bit of camber on the front after taking these pics , looks even better !

Yeah nice radio, I really wanted the bigger screen with the higher resolution, but your fitment is so much better. I've modded my fascia a bit to get it more flush, will post pictures soon. Enjoy the UEL, it sounds lovely :)
MattGT View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 12:43pm
Thanks :) Vin what intake hose are you using, what material is it made from? Not seen one like that before.

Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 2:18pm
It's a Supertek intake hose, made out of aluminum, powder coated black, at first I was afraid of heat soak but intake air temperature look absolutely fine in my logs.
Kodename47 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
DJ Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodename47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Vin Vin wrote:

It's a Supertek intake hose, made out of aluminum, powder coated black, at first I was afraid of heat soak but intake air temperature look absolutely fine in my logs.

IAT is taken before entering the pipe However the air isn't in the pipe for long enough under WOT for it to become an issue anyway.
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Litchfield Springs / Abbey MS Geo
Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 3:01pm
Sharp as always, thanks for the added information :)

So visited a Cars and Coffee meeting today, dozens of Ferraris, Porsches and fast German cars present and only two Twins :) Also fitted the TRD Aero Stabilizing Cover, so another TRD part crossed of the list:

Fitting the Aero Cover is more challenging than the TRD body kit :P The instructions are a mess, even the English ones, and the supplied spacers (fitting guide) give a much to big gap. This is one of those, try 10 times, apply 1 time :)

Edited by Vin - 25 Jun 2017 at 8:33pm
Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 9:49pm
Had a road trip through Europe last week, drove over 3000km. My wife and 1,5 years old daughter also joined, surprise surprise, it all fitted inside the car (including diapers, clothing, strollers etc), my daughter really enjoyed her Recaro seat :) 

First we went to Germany for the annual Gt86drivers.de meeting, over 80 cars present, one of the largest meetings in Europe for our Twins:

Then we went to Venice, no use for the car there, it was parked at the airport (and scraped on the way in).

Then to Garda lake, beautiful drives through the hills, tunnels and nice surroundings.

Lastly on the way back home, through the famous Stelvio Pass, really awesome drive. Highly recommended for any petrol head! 

I enjoyed the car every second, such a nice drive, both in the twisties and on the Autobahn. On the last day I managed to get a serious puncture in the front right tire. Had to get the car transported to a shop near (fortunately still open on Saturday afternoon) and the tire swapped. I'll buy a space saver asap. 
Alex J View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:10pm
Looking great Vin!!!
NerysGT View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NerysGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:26pm
Beautiful pictures.
Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:49am
Thanks guys!

I have another update, this is the second last TRD part I got for this car. Almost completed my TRD puzzle.  I thought I would never find the steering wheel for a 'normal' price as the piece is discontinued now, but luckily someone in my club was going back to stock ! I'm loving it, smaller and thicker than stock, TRD logo and 12 o' clock mark.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic