FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Vin's 86 TRD (to be .. )

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Kaviar View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaviar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:14pm
That head unit looks fantastic!
I've always been put off as I worry about the quality of the audio. How did you find it?
Sponsored Links

Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:32pm
The audio quality is actually much better than oem. This one has a proper equilizer and loudness etc.
Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:05pm
So normally I'm more of a picture guy, but that does not show the nice boxer rumble of the car. Made this small video with my nephew, if you play it over a nice stereo it sounds pretty much like in real life

Click:

Having a dyno planned in two weeks, can't wait to see the actual graph
Kaviar View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaviar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:47pm
So, so much awesomeness in that video :)  Who makes the exhaust?
Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:58am
Thanks! The header and overpipe are from Kinugawa / Gruppe S (same stuff just different names). The rest of the exhaust is custom 2.5" and consists of a Magnaflow high flow cat, Fox mid resonator and Simons back box
Kaviar View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaviar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Vin Vin wrote:

Thanks! The header and overpipe are from Kinugawa / Gruppe S (same stuff just different names). The rest of the exhaust is custom 2.5" and consists of a Magnaflow high flow cat, Fox mid resonator and Simons back box

I've been avoiding buying an exhaust system but I fear I have now run out of excuses :p
You don't happen to have a link to where I could pick one up? I've had a quick Google and not spotted anything :(

I like how you've cherry picked your own set up :) What made you go down that route?
Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 12:33pm
I first went for the header + overpipe because it was so damn cheap and I liked the gains (combined with a tune this means no torque dip any more). But it was still a bit quiet combined with the stock exhaust (all though 10X better sounding than stock already) and it didn't look well with my TRD rear bumper. Then the local exhaust shop has custom bend the exhaust and tested different bits until they thought it sounded awesome (and it sure does). They mostly choose Magnaflow cats, but they tested FOX, Magnaflow and Simons resonators until it sounded lovely. The also tested the car without resonator but it was just to loud and to much rasp. 
Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:33am
So I've been running Wayno's 100 STG2 UEL for some time now, it runs great, instant torque! Had the car dyno'd and the final output was a bit disappointing, just shy of 200 bhp, another 86 (stock with KN intake), did 186 bhp, so i've spend over 1000 usd to have stock power .. yeaaahh :P :

In the hunt for more power I tried the Wayno tune with 102 timing and suprise suprise, no flkc in the high revs, just a bit in the mid area. With Kodename47  knock correction tool, the tune was further perfected, I now run this timing (compared to Wayno 100), which is also a bit more than the 102 default timing. I'm using BP Ultimate 98, the car pulls like crazy and I think the log looks very good with multiple pulls at 25C:

Can't wait to put it on the same dyno again :)

Yesterday we had the yearly Toyota meeting at the Toyota The Netherlands, lot's of cars were present. Last two years I was present with my Celica and I ended up being runner up in the 'best of show 1999 - now' group, loosing to a GT86 last year (which was the final push of getting a GT86 myself). This year I again was selected to take part in the competition (visitors are voting on the top 4 cars), but this time I won :) Some pictures at the meeting:

Also saw some nice parts on other GT86s, like this spoiler which is now ordered. Still debating if I should keep it black, or paint it white, what do you guys think?

anixie View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:21am
black will blend in with the back window

Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:29pm
Thanks, but plans changed, found out the roof spoiler completely ruins the aerodynamics of the car, so order cancelled and fitted a nice TRD Aero piece (the stabilizing cover) instead, so another TRD part crossed of the list :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic