FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Thinking of buying hence my username

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
buyer View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinking of buying hence my username
    Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:35pm
Hi folks.

When I was younger I owned several convertibles including a Triumph Spitfire, so now I was thinking of buying a proper sports car.

I had a test drive two tears ago in a GT and the another two weeks ago, but still not sure, if it had been a hatch back then I would have bought it.  Strange that with the rear seats down the boot space is huge but it is difficult to get at the extended space.
Sponsored Links

Nelix View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
You have to ask yourself if you can live with the car as it is, if you continually need a lot of space it may not be for you.
Could try the old pros/cons list trick, be brutally honest with yourself though.
I have a history of MR2s, 2 roadsters and a Mrk1, when I bought my 86 in February I really did not consider any other car.
54 and no kids, car is mainly used as a daily driver on an 82 return trip motorway/dual carriageway commute. 
Many people think the car lacks power and needs a turbo, Toyota designed it to be exactly what it is though. Personally the power does not bother me, but I've ridden bikes all my life and currently have a VFR800 which is my go to vehicle for fun.
Let us know how you get on.
Kragof View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kragof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 2:15pm
Agree with Nelix, list all the things you can't live without in a car and then see if it tallys with what the GT offers.
Had mine for 2 yrs as a daily and its done me well, it doesn't lack for fun while driving around town or on a motorway.
I used to own an Elan SE turbo and this is more fun...
Pearly White 62plate GT86, Valenti lights, Mudflaps! and Removed noise induction. | Previous cars include a 92 Lotus Elan SE turbo
Tina View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 13 minutes ago at 3:49pm
You need them to build this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6E_5_Ati48

amcluesent View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcluesent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 19 minutes ago at 5:43pm
>so now I was thinking of buying a proper sports car.<

So a Cayman, 370Z, or M4 would all be candidates...

But seriously, you'd be surprised what will fit...

I had a 200sx for years and regularly had to remove the passenger seat when moving stuff. Not had to with the GT86. Yet.

Edited by amcluesent - 13 hours 10 minutes ago at 5:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic