FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

squealing brakes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
Cenedd View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:18am
You could ask the dealer you bought it from if there's any history. Would have thought that a dealer ought to be able to look it up with Toyota as surely they keep a record of what they've done under warranty - otherwise you could just keep claiming new pads for five years.
Sponsored Links

RedRed View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:19pm
Thanks for that Cenedd, I'' contact the dealer and see what they say about any history done to the car.Thumbs Up
Canary Wundaboy View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canary Wundaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:14pm
Being really honest, your quickest 100% guarantee to fix it is just to change to aftermarket. Did it a year ago and not having to live with the squeal is a blessing.
2013 White '86 - Valenti tail/bumper lights, Summit strut braces, Tein Flex Z Coilovers, Rota Grids, Perrin CIA & hoses, Stoptech BBK, Tomei UEL, TD res catback & Fensport remap, Buddy Club Wing
DomJones View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DomJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:32pm
Mine squeek like hell! I took it to the garage but they told me they could not hear anything. I took the guy out in the car and he genuinely could not hear what i could hear (it is quite a high pitch).

Upon inspection the pads with filthy. A good clean and it was sorted. But within 2000 miles the issue came back.

I'll be upgrading to after market soon.
cts View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 7:37pm
I have my first (as owner, the car's 4th) service with Toyota coming up, so considering whether to ask them to change the front pads under the TSB CP-0020T-0215 (thanks for the reference here).  Seems the OEM pads still have some good life on them.  How are people finding the life of the replacement pads?  Additional dust and lowered performance worth the switch for most who have been running them?
andyk75 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyk75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:59am
Guys just seen this thread as I too have slightly squeaky brakes in slow traffic
I don’t track my car so don’t need ultra hard track pads.
Can anyone recommended a full set for normal road use that will get rid of the squeal ?
Thanks
Galaxian View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galaxian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:25am
Cosworth streetmaster did the trick 4 me... fensport sell them
Grey GT86, MT, Alcantara, SatNav, reversing sensors, HKS filter and uel manifold, avo overpipe , Berk HFC, Miltek res exhaust, Perrin intake, Fensport ECUTek tune
Furnate View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Galaxian Galaxian wrote:

Cosworth streetmaster did the trick 4 me... fensport sell them

I found them really soft - they wore out in 14k miles! Also, they still squealed.

I'm running PFC Z and Hawk HPS at the moment, good for road use and don't squeal.
Rich
Canary Wundaboy View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canary Wundaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:56am
Stoptechs.
2013 White '86 - Valenti tail/bumper lights, Summit strut braces, Tein Flex Z Coilovers, Rota Grids, Perrin CIA & hoses, Stoptech BBK, Tomei UEL, TD res catback & Fensport remap, Buddy Club Wing
EB2429 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EB2429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:22pm
Don't mind the squeal personally, lots of cars do it...if they are high performance, so just claim thatWink

But its only a cosmetic issue of noise and not a performance one so I don't mind, perhaps the next pad will be PFC as they are a good price and work with Toyota motorpsort for the GT86, so perhaps some level of R&D went into the pads? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic